The Student Room Group

My Mum Passed Away

My mum passed away a couple weeks ago, it has meant I'd have to move from my home and school (sixth form) in South London, to my Dad's in Hertfordshire. As someone who is redoing AS how should I go about enrollment, just calling up schools in Hertfordshire. Is it to late? Since I worry now it's mid-November.
Reply 1
what have you been doing for the last month (school wise)? since youve already done one year im sure you can find another 6th form easily adn with your circumstance that counts as migating
Reply 2
Original post by Rhododobird
My mum passed away a couple weeks ago, it has meant I'd have to move from my home and school (sixth form) in South London, to my Dad's in Hertfordshire. As someone who is redoing AS how should I go about enrollment, just calling up schools in Hertfordshire. Is it to late? Since I worry now it's mid-November.

Due to your circumstances you can try calling schools and explaining to them.
I am sorry about your loss. :frown:
You'll have to contact the schools in the town (Hertfordshire is a big place) and explain what happened and hopefully there can be a transfer that's as easy as it can be.
So sorry for your loss.
Reply 6
Me too, stay strong..
And I agree with the rest about explaining your circumstances to any sixth forms you apply to.
Original post by hannxm
I am sorry about your loss. :frown:
Reply 7
First and foremost I am deeply sorry for your loss, i know what it's like to lose a loved one. As for the sixth form situation, i would ring up different schools/colleges to see if they're still enrolling students. Some schools are different to others, so it really depends on which schools allow you to join at this time.
Original post by Milan U
what have you been doing for the last month (school wise)? since youve already done one year im sure you can find another 6th form easily adn with your circumstance that counts as migating

She passed away two weeks ago so I took a week of school and went to school this week. But the commute is to far from my dad's so now I have to search for a new school.
Original post by Rhododobird
She passed away two weeks ago so I took a week of school and went to school this week. But the commute is to far from my dad's so now I have to search for a new school.

Are you dealing with it okay? It feels like you're overlooking it and not accepting the grief or even grieving, by distracting yourself with education based stuff. You're entitled to forget the world for a while and grieve and you can then deal with things when you feel ready.
:frown:
ahh x, I'm so sorry for your loss :sad:
Condolences for your loss.

It is definitely worth a try - let them know your situation. If not, you could always take a gap year.

All the best

Quick Reply

Latest