The Student Room Group

Year 2 Application Supporter passed away

Hello,
I am reposting to get further clarification to quell my doubts, as I sadly did not get a comprehensive reply from the student finance chat service.

I am currently in my second year and before I start my application for next year, I wanted some help.
My mum, alone, supported my second-year application and passed away, so I am unsure who needs to support my next year application. I rely on my stepdad for a permanent address but have lived away from home whilst at university. I do have contact with my biological father. The question is who needs to support my application if anyone?

Thanks in advance,
Mykel.
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by Mykelg
Hello,
I am reposting to get further clarification to quell my doubts, as I sadly did not get a comprehensive reply from the student finance chat service.

I am currently in my second year and before I start my application for next year, I wanted some help.
My mum, alone, supported my second-year application and passed away, so I am unsure who needs to support my next year application. I rely on my stepdad for a permanent address but have lived away from home whilst at university. I do have contact with my biological father. The question is who needs to support my application if anyone?

Thanks in advance,
Mykel.

Hi Mykel,

Just to clarify, were your mum and your step dad separated or living together when she supported your application? Thanks, Jason
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi Mykel,

Just to clarify, were your mum and your step dad separated or living together when she supported your application? Thanks, Jason

Hi Jason,
They were not living together, and my mum received single persons council tax discount.

Thanks,
Mykel.
Original post by Mykelg
Hi Jason,
They were not living together, and my mum received single persons council tax discount.

Thanks,
Mykel.

Hi Mykel,

Thank you, if you don't mind us asking, are you estranged from your biological Dad?

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 4
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi Mykel,

Thank you, if you don't mind us asking, are you estranged from your biological Dad?

Thanks, Graeme

Hi,
It is only since my mums passing that I have had continuous contact with my biological dad, before then we had not spoken continuously for 13 years. So, I am unsure to be honest with you.
Original post by Mykelg
Hi,
It is only since my mums passing that I have had continuous contact with my biological dad, before then we had not spoken continuously for 13 years. So, I am unsure to be honest with you.

Okay, thanks - so long as you're speaking to your Dad now we'll ask him to support your application instead.

When you apply you should be able to indicate your Dad on the application, but don't worry if you can't. Your Dad can complete the PFF2 form and you can upload this on your account: it doesn't need to be signed.

Thanks, Graeme

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1137607/sfe_pff2_form_2324_o.pdf
Reply 6
Original post by Graeme SFE
Okay, thanks - so long as you're speaking to your Dad now we'll ask him to support your application instead.

When you apply you should be able to indicate your Dad on the application, but don't worry if you can't. Your Dad can complete the PFF2 form and you can upload this on your account: it doesn't need to be signed.

Thanks, Graeme

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1137607/sfe_pff2_form_2324_o.pdf

Thank you for making that clear to me, I'll get working on that right now.

Thank you,
Mykel.
Original post by Mykelg
Thank you for making that clear to me, I'll get working on that right now.

Thank you,
Mykel.

You're welcome! Have a nice day!
Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending