The Student Room Group

Compelling personal reasons

I’ll try and keep this short, I attempted to attend university 3 times over the years but had to drop out due to mental health reasons which were caused due to my mum’s declining health and me having to look after her etc. Unfortunately she passed away in 2019 and 5 years on im ready to apply for university again.
However I know I’ll need to apply for compelling personal reasons to gain student finance again but I need some help in what to send them to gain finance back for 3 years.

I imagine I’ll have to send the death certificate but would a signed letter from my GP work as well detailing my mental health issues from over the years?

Any help would be appreciated thank you.
Original post by Sweetnothingg17
I’ll try and keep this short, I attempted to attend university 3 times over the years but had to drop out due to mental health reasons which were caused due to my mum’s declining health and me having to look after her etc. Unfortunately she passed away in 2019 and 5 years on im ready to apply for university again.
However I know I’ll need to apply for compelling personal reasons to gain student finance again but I need some help in what to send them to gain finance back for 3 years.

I imagine I’ll have to send the death certificate but would a signed letter from my GP work as well detailing my mental health issues from over the years?

Any help would be appreciated thank you.

Hi there,

For Compelling Personal Reasons for multiple years, you can send a cover letter advising your situation (and when this took place), as long as the evidence relates to each year you previously couldn't complete then the assessors will review this and confirm if you've been granted the fees for the multiple years. I would advise uploading all evidence you have incase further evidence is required. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending