The Student Room Group

I think this girl likes me back...how do I make something happen?

To be clear this is Lesbian. And I know she likes girls too.

I think the girl I like likes me back. I won't go into too much detail in case she happens to use TSR and finds this and pieces it together.

I did have one 'class' with her but I don't anymore, so we have at least met and spoken several times. She always seemed to stop and listen when I started to talk too.

One particular time we held eye contact from maybe a foot or two away when we were talking, but during the eye contact we didn't say anything, it felt different and special, it was intense but not awkward. And didn't feel uncomfortable at all, I'm not sure how long it lasted but I think it was around 6 seconds. She was flicking from one of my eyes to another. There was so much sexual tension.

She always had rosy cheeks around me, which I thought was her complexion, but I've seen her around college and she never has rosy cheeks. Maybe she was blushing?

We keep catching each other's eyes from across the room, or when she walks past me, or across the canteen area. I've turned around to see her looking at me more than once. Once I sat facing her direction, and she initially had her side facing me, then she had turned her upper body in my direction while she used her phone.

I was walking into one building the other day, she was walking a little behind and going in the adjacent direction, and I could see her watching me walk towards the door through the reflection.

I feel like she likes me, and I would love to get to know her better and see where things go. But it seems like we're both too shy to say anything to each other, and when we do see each other we are too far away to say hi.

How can I make something happen in a comfortable way, where it doesn't seem like I'm trying to "pick her up"?

Scroll to see replies

I was in the same situation as you 7 years ago back in high school. I was too scared to talk to him. All we did was smile and stare. We were both too shy to say anything and that's when it was all too late. Make a move I'd say before it is too late. Best of luck!!
Reply 2
Original post by Milan U
lessssbbbbbbbooooooooooo

At least you understood the main point
Reply 3
You go for it. Always.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
I was in the same situation as you 7 years ago back in high school. I was too scared to talk to him. All we did was smile and stare. We were both too shy to say anything and that's when it was all too late. Make a move I'd say before it is too late. Best of luck!!

I am aiming to do something in the next week or two, even just saying hi. We saw each other once and she said hi but there haven't been any good chances . I don't want to approach her with her friends, I'll get all flustered so I don't know how to go about it :frown:
To be clear this is Lesbian. And I know she likes girls too.

I think the girl I like likes me back. I won't go into too much detail in case she happens to use TSR and finds this and pieces it together.

I did have one 'class' with her but I don't anymore, so we have at least met and spoken several times. She always seemed to stop and listen when I started to talk too.

One particular time we held eye contact from maybe a foot or two away when we were talking, but during the eye contact we didn't say anything, it felt different and special, it was intense but not awkward. And didn't feel uncomfortable at all, I'm not sure how long it lasted but I think it was around 6 seconds. She was flicking from one of my eyes to another. There was so much sexual tension.

She always had rosy cheeks around me, which I thought was her complexion, but I've seen her around college and she never has rosy cheeks. Maybe she was blushing?

We keep catching each other's eyes from across the room, or when she walks past me, or across the canteen area. I've turned around to see her looking at me more than once. Once I sat facing her direction, and she initially had her side facing me, then she had turned her upper body in my direction while she used her phone.

I was walking into one building the other day, she was walking a little behind and going in the adjacent direction, and I could see her watching me walk towards the door through the reflection.

I feel like she likes me, and I would love to get to know her better and see where things go. But it seems like we're both too shy to say anything to each other, and when we do see each other we are too far away to say hi.

How can I make something happen in a comfortable way, where it doesn't seem like I'm trying to "pick her up"?

How long have you known her for?
Talk to her like you would any other friend
I am aiming to do something in the next week or two, even just saying hi. We saw each other once and she said hi but there haven't been any good chances . I don't want to approach her with her friends, I'll get all flustered so I don't know how to go about it :frown:

Well, start by talking to her more often for a few days/weeks. Then you can slowly just start hinting it out. If you have her number, message her often and if not, ask her for it whilst you're getting to know her in the next few days/weeks! Hopw this helps.
Reply 8
How long have you known her for?

Only a couple of months
Reply 9
Original post by liquidconfidence
Talk to her like you would any other friend

I was able to when we had a class together, but now it feels much harder to re-initiate the communication if that makes sense??
do you see her in the morning, e.g during registration?
do you see her in the morning, e.g during registration?

Nope :frown: I only see her in passing now
Nope :frown: I only see her in passing now

I'm ngl I feel very weird writing this but I can relate to every single point you've mentioned so far about 'this girl' and I don't know whether that's a scary coincidence or not...

I don't know if this is you and you don't have to answer this if you don't want to but do you take 2 sciences for a level?

Spoiler

I'm ngl I feel very weird writing this but I can relate to every single point you've mentioned so far about 'this girl' and I don't know whether that's a scary coincidence or not...

I don't know if this is you and you don't have to answer this if you don't want to but do you take 2 sciences for a level?

Spoiler

I hate when this happens haha, but I do not take any sciences. Thankfully we are talking to different people it seems. Sorry if you hoped it was them

Spoiler

Just wondering, from whose perspective do you relate to? Mine or the girls?
You should totally go for it!
(edited 6 years ago)
haha honestly, it's totally fine! I asked because most people in my school do but we're most probably talking about different people I guess :smile:

I hate when this happens haha, but I do not take any sciences. Thankfully we are talking to different people it seems. Sorry if you hoped it was them
Just wondering, from whose perspective do you relate to? Mine or the girls?

uhmm.. to be completlely honest, both. But more to the girls perspective
uhmm.. to be completlely honest, both. But more to the girls perspective

To be fair, a lot of what I said is universal for anyone liking anyone. Everyone blushes around the person they like, everyone looks at them whenever they can, its probably confirmation bias making my situation applicable to yours :smile:
To be fair, a lot of what I said is universal for anyone liking anyone. Everyone blushes around the person they like, everyone looks at them whenever they can, its probably confirmation bias making my situation applicable to yours :smile:

Yeah, i guess you're right in a way

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending