The Student Room Group

"Healthy foods" are not giving me any energy

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
All the stuff you included are too complicated because I can't fill the family cupboard with stuff that only I'm going to eat. I just want a quick one

ask your parents or someone to buy bran flakes instead of coco pops?
Original post by jamesgillian123
what id strongly advise is that when you need to binge, try binge healthy. Scoff yourself with carrots and nuts if you need to, it will make you feel far better.
How do you feel after you've finished a mcdonalds both mentally and physically? Also id reccomend lots of dates and prunes, they are proven to be efficient super foods with similar effects to energy drinks without the caffeine, harmful stuff and negative effects.
also Dont eat meals with low carbs, its a reason why you have no energy.

Dates are filled with sugar. Not a good choice.
Original post by Appleorpear
Dates are filled with sugar. Not a good choice.

Humans need sugar to survive, natural sugars are very healthy. IF you dont have sugar you will die.
Dates contain lots of minerals and have no unhealthy ingrediants. I suggest you search the difference between processed sugar and natural sugars because without carbohydrates you will die..
ask your parents or someone to buy bran flakes instead of coco pops?

Are those acc legit? They are a little high in carbs I swr
Humans need sugar to survive, natural sugars are very healthy. IF you dont have sugar you will die.
Dates contain lots of minerals and have no unhealthy ingrediants. I suggest you search the difference between processed sugar and natural sugars because without carbohydrates you will die..

Except dates stay fine for long periods of time when packaged because it's stored with a ton of sugar. One date has as much calories as a chocolate bar.
Original post by Appleorpear
Except dates stay fine for long periods of time when packaged because it's stored with a ton of sugar. One date has as much calories as a chocolate bar.

Dates contain lots of potassium, niacin, B6, vitamin A, Iron, Fiber, dates are low on the glycemic index aswell but none of that matters BECAUSE SUGAR. We need calories to sustain a healthy lifestyle, the fact that it has similar calories to a chocolate is irrelevant. They are different foods with completely different ingredients.

Are those acc legit? They are a little high in carbs I swr

Some do contain a fair amount of processed sugar, but no where near as coco pops. Id reccomend oats but bran flakes certainly isnt a bad choice
Glucose is also the only fuel source your brain can run on, so utlimately concluding that foods with any sugar in are unhealthy isn't a very reasonable statement.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3900881/

Also chocoalate bars contain fat, processed sugar, sodium and salt so how is that comparable to dates?
Which do you think is more fattening? Dates, or a chocolate bar?
Also the nutrients in dates are metabolised wayyy differently from a chocolate bar
fruit is high in polyphenos and antioxidants which slow down and inhibit the absoprtion of glucose which blunts sugar and insulin spikes post meal. This particular study is based off apples however dates give a very similar result. They also aid gut bacteria which in turns increases weight loss, fruit accelerates weight loss compared to restricted fruit intake.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20564476
I want to start eating meals that are low in carbs and I don't know where to start. I don't have much money so I can't buy anything expensive. I had eggs this morning and was about to drop in the street because it gave me no energy. I then had porridge with fruits on top and it gave me no energy. So then I gave up and brought myself McDonald's. I can't seem to live without fatty foods! I also don't have much time in the mornings and these websites have meals that take effort. What do I do?

There are no "healthy" foods. Cutting down on carbs won't necessarily help you lose weight - it's best to stick to a normal balanced diet.

First off, do you really need to lose 40lbs? What's your current weight and height? Chances are your goal might be unreasonable to begin with. Once you've established a reasonable goal, aim to lose 1lb per week - no more.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending