The Student Room Group

Whens the last time you hugged your family??

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kallisto
No, that is nonsense. It is important to show your family member your affection and love you have. It is a sign of affinity and safeness, especially in bad times. And I was hugged not so often by mother and father as I wished and expected as a child. My brother gave me more hugs when I felt sadness and was crying in younger ages. That made me so unlucky that time. And it still hurts when I see some friends of mine who get lovely hugs by the whole family. :frown:

Whoops I didn't know my op said Hugh instead of hug :angry:

And I'm sorry :hugs:
I heard that 5 minutes of skin contact with your family DAILY is crucial, even in the form of pats on the back, the head or even a high five. Hugs are even better. These guarantee closeness and affection and you remember these little things later on... since they are your family :smile: They won't be around forever so cherish all the time you got!
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 42
Original post by Salt Queen
Can you not derail my damn thread thanks

I’m not derailing it.
I come from a huggy family, constantly just giving my mum hugs
Last time I hugged her and my sister was sunday evening as I was going back to uni after a weekend at home
Original post by SGHD26716
I’m not derailing it.

Yea you better not. But posting about football definitely is.
Reply 45
Yea you better not. But posting about football definitely is.

It was linked to why he might’ve needed a hug.
10 minutes agO.
Original post by lmaooome
10 minutes agO.

yE@ RiqHt
Original post by Amylololol
I heard that 5 minutes of skin contact with your family DAILY is crucial, even in the form of pats on the back, the head or even a high five. Hugs are even better. These guarantee closeness and affection and you remember these little things later on... since they are your family :smile: They won't be around forever so cherish all the time you got!

Wow. 5 mins of skin contact daily. I'm like centuries behind lol.
yE@ RiqHt

Lmao my mum hugged me, because I was crying over something stupid hahah.
Last year on new years eve.
Reply 51
Tomorrow.
Wow. 5 mins of skin contact daily. I'm like centuries behind lol.

Seems a lot now that you think about it, huh? I find it so darn sad D;
Original post by UWS
Tomorrow.

:teehee: well at least you know for sure
Original post by Samthefootball14
Never I hate my family. I wish they were dead.

Oh stop it Sammy
Original post by lmaooome
Lmao my mum hugged me, because I was crying over something stupid hahah.

It's never stupid

Spoiler

i hug my little brother nearly everyday, but i don't remember ever hugging my other siblings or parents, so maybe before/early primary school.
(...)

And I'm sorry :hugs:

It is so easy to say sorry if no one is involved. Just to let you know: my contact to family fainted long time ago and don't exist anylonger.
I sat on my mum today as I scarred the cat off her so I pretended to be a cat if that counts? My parents also kiss my head and say goodnight everyday but that’s a ‘tradition’ since I was a baby
I do not remember.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending