The Student Room Group

Is being shy a turn off to girls?

I'm wondering if whether the fact that I am shy is a turn off to girls or whether they find it cute/attractive. I have read online about girls not liking shy guys on the basis that they are clingy but I realize that the girl will have a life other than me and I will respect her for it.

Still is being shy going to hinder me on my journey to find true love?

Thanks.

Scroll to see replies

It depends on how shy you are. You need to be able to talk and open up to your girlfriend if you want a relationship. I don't think girls see shy guys as clingy.
Ha Ha! Truth hurts! They'll be someone out there though, only it will take me longer to find her.
Original post by cheesecakelove
It depends on how shy you are. You need to be able to talk and open up to your girlfriend if you want a relationship. I don't think girls see shy guys as clingy.

I feel that once I had gotten to know her, I would then (without fear of judgement) be able to talk to her about feelings and personal stuff. That's good to know, I was just reading a Reddit article about girls finding shy guys clingy. I don't think they should, they should see what we offer, I mean once I get a girlfriend she needn't worry about me cheating on her! She'd tell straight away I would be so nervous!
Original post by Robin Tripp
I'm wondering if whether the fact that I am shy is a turn off to girls or whether they find it cute/attractive. I have read online about girls not liking shy guys on the basis that they are clingy but I realize that the girl will have a life other than me and I will respect her for it.

Thanks.

Brings a tear to my eyes.

[video="youtube;9DD7VIKZnGA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DD7VIKZnGA[/video]
I guess so. I'll work on it.
Depends on how confident the female is.

However, yes shyness is turn off to girls, they love guys who are secure and confident in themselves.

There are different avenues to find love-through online dating (POF, OkCupid), speed dating, joining cubs based on interests, through education/work, through your network, through hobbies, approaching females.

Be your best self, hit the gym, wear nice clothes, groom well, have good posture, make good eye contact, have good self esteem, work on your conversation skills.

I hope this helps:

1) Relax, imagine you're just observing or there as a traveller. For example, if you are on holiday, you go there to experience and observe the attraction, you're not going to get anxious doing that are you?

2) Smile, smiling in contagious.

3) Be confident, respect yourself, accept yourself, work out, wear good clothes, feel good, focus on your passions, know you are a good person who treats people well, think positively, be proud of yourself, do things that make you happy, remember your happy times, what makes you confident? What makes you proud? Do you have a skill you are good at? Do things like cooking, driving, learning that increases your confidence daily. Relax.

Have good posture, body language, improve your appearance. Be happy with yourself.

4) Dress well, have good grooming, hairstyle, have good posture.

5) Just say hi or hey to people in your vicinity, who cares if they don't say anything back?

6) Ask how they are, how are they keeping, how's everything, what's the latest, what made them choose this course, their plans for the future, their plans for the rest of the day, weekend, how was their weekend, what they will get up to, what they got up to, ask them about their hobbies, talk about what's happening.

Talk about the weather or did you see that sports game? Just mingle with them,

Compliment them, say "I like your jacket".

If you know they went on a holiday or somewhere, ask them about it etc.

7) Be passionate about life.

8) Lighten up, have a laugh, laugh easily, be friendly, approachable, interested, relaxed.

9) Look outside!
Original post by Analyst89
Depends on how confident the female is.

However, yes shyness is turn off to girls, they love guys who are secure and confident in themselves.

There are different avenues to find love-through online dating (POF, OkCupid), speed dating, joining cubs based on interests, through education/work, through your network, through hobbies, approaching females.

Be your best self, hit the gym, wear nice clothes, groom well, have good posture, make good eye contact, have good self esteem, work on your conversation skills.

I hope this helps:

1) Relax, imagine you're just observing or there as a traveller. For example, if you are on holiday, you go there to experience and observe the attraction, you're not going to get anxious doing that are you?

2) Smile, smiling in contagious.

3) Be confident, respect yourself, accept yourself, work out, wear good clothes, feel good, focus on your passions, know you are a good person who treats people well, think positively, be proud of yourself, do things that make you happy, remember your happy times, what makes you confident? What makes you proud? Do you have a skill you are good at? Do things like cooking, driving, learning that increases your confidence daily. Relax.

Have good posture, body language, improve your appearance. Be happy with yourself.

4) Dress well, have good grooming, hairstyle, have good posture.

5) Just say hi or hey to people in your vicinity, who cares if they don't say anything back?

6) Ask how they are, how are they keeping, how's everything, what's the latest, what made them choose this course, their plans for the future, their plans for the rest of the day, weekend, how was their weekend, what they will get up to, what they got up to, ask them about their hobbies, talk about what's happening.

Talk about the weather or did you see that sports game? Just mingle with them,

Compliment them, say "I like your jacket".

If you know they went on a holiday or somewhere, ask them about it etc.

7) Be passionate about life.

8) Lighten up, have a laugh, laugh easily, be friendly, approachable, interested, relaxed.

9) Look outside!

Thanks that's good advice. I'm going to print this off.
No, not to shy girls.
Original post by physconomics
No, not to shy girls.

There the kinda girls I'm looking for!
Reply 10

Thanks.

Some girls like shy guys. Personally, when I meet a guy i find it cute that he's shy and thinking about what to say and then just stuttering and waffling.:smile:Some girls find shy guys cuter and nicer instead of guys "out there". You can be shy and meet "the one". It doesn't need a personality to find true love. Just be kind and caring and that is a turn for most girls.:smile:
Reply 11
Actually, it makes me quite curious to why that guy is shy so I'd probably be more likely to try and get the guy to come out more. Its not a turn off for me.
Original post by miss_ambitious
Some girls like shy guys. Personally, when I meet a guy i find it cute that he's shy and thinking about what to say and then just stuttering and waffling.:smile:Some girls find shy guys cuter and nicer instead of guys "out there". You can be shy and meet "the one". It doesn't need a personality to find true love. Just be kind and caring and that is a turn for most girls.:smile:

Aww OK thanks! I feel better about myself!
Original post by Wisping
Actually, it makes me quite curious to why that guy is shy so I'd probably be more likely to try and get the guy to come out more. Its not a turn off for me.

Oh you mean you would date them and try to like bring them out of their shell more??
Reply 14
Oh you mean you would date them and try to like bring them out of their shell more??

Exactly doing the opposite will make them feel like they're odd which they aren't, they just need to feel comfortable within a person and to be able to talk freely without whatever is keeping them stopping them from being who they really are.
Original post by Wisping
Exactly doing the opposite will make them feel like they're odd which they aren't, they just need to feel comfortable within a person and to be able to talk freely without whatever is keeping them stopping them from being who they really are.

That's exactly how I feel! I hope when I find a girlfriend she's understanding! Thanks I feel a lot better!

Thanks.

Tbh I think that it depends on the girl. I mean i don't really find bad boys attractive but then again confidence is pretty good to have. I find shy guys quite cute but you usually have to have some confidence. In all fairness I'm very shy and so far it hasn't benefited me but I guess it might be different for you
Original post by I love rainbows
Tbh I think that it depends on the girl. I mean i don't really find bad boys attractive but then again confidence is pretty good to have. I find shy guys quite cute but you usually have to have some confidence. In all fairness I'm very shy and so far it hasn't benefited me but I guess it might be different for you

I suppose it will just take longer to find someone.
I don't mind shy guys but they can't be too shy that they won't open up. I would hope they would hold my hand in public and not shy away from a public kiss
Original post by Natalie_01
I don't mind shy guys but they can't be too shy that they won't open up. I would hope they would hold my hand in public and not shy away from a public kiss

I know that once I got to know a girl and that she liked me I would easily be able to open up to her. I would hold a girls hand/kissing her in public I feel it has a romantic touch to it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending