The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Oh yes, we are definitely jealous of Trump...
(hint: British sarcasm)
Original post by Sammylou40
And there isn’t a single one here.
No ones jealous. There’s absolutely nothing to be jealous of!

I wouldn't be jealous either if half the stuff the ignorants in this thread are coming out with was true. :wizard:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Pleasantri
I'm a proud US citizen and our houses are generally bigger, our cars are larger and more comfortable to drive; it feels like the general standard of living in the USA far surpasses that in the UK.

Considering you guys have Trump, definitely not.
Reply 63
Tbh this seems more of a test of how passive-aggressive British people will get before they snap :unimpressed::laugh:
The ONLY thing i'm jealous of in the USA is that you have so many CHIPOTLE OUTLETS. We have 3 here in the UK, and they are all within a 3 mile radius of each other in London.

It sucks ahaha
Original post by A.N123
I love Britain! Im not jealous of US?!? Why would i be!

Maybe because of the better and wealthier lifestyle.
I'm happy living in my small village where my baby brother has less risk of getting 54 holes in between his eyes by a troubled white kid.....
aha only joking.

I AM jealous of the bigger houses but really that's just because theirs more land in USA. U.K. is DEFINITELY an expensive country, becoming more expensive as time goes by which is annoying, but I feel like its a much better place in terms of safety, healthcare and the people/society in general is much better and less judgemental then in an American society. Oh and **** automatic cars, lets get real here.

Either way, I have aspirations to move to the UAE or something when i'm older lol ;P
I'm a proud US citizen and our houses are generally bigger, our cars are larger and more comfortable to drive; it feels like the general standard of living in the USA far surpasses that in the UK.

The larger houses are only cheaper because you get free knife crime, gun crime, weekly race wars, protests, riots and political drama along with it. Great fun.

The Cars Point: Compensating for something downstairs.

General Standard Of Living: I too love paying obscene amounts for healthcare.

Not really. The majority of Americans are dirt poor, heavily obese, with no access to decent food or decent jobs. And no insurance, ditto no medical care.

What's there to make me jealous, exactly?

Its a huge country, we can't increase our country size :rolleyes:

No Brit gives a flying **** about your *****y USof****

Posted from TSR Mobile

We're proud that we don't need big houses or cars. All we need are Kinder Eggs and Nissan Skylines :biggrin:.
Nope, we can't relate to voting for a racist, homophobic, misogynistic orange as our prime minister

An average US wage is $29,000 which is just £22,000 annually.
Need I also remind you that 30% of US adult males are clinically obese.

Such a good, healthy and wealthy lifestyle.
i love being british actually i just find the US very obnoxious.
of course there are many good people there too and a lot of trash in the UK
but nah i just love it here and wouldn't switch it up EVER

Agreed. you do have lots and lots of things and your things are bigger and better and you have good reason to be proud of those things. But, you have no friends and nobody likes you.

Enjoy your things...
I am proud to be British and I believe a huge majority of British people are incredibly patriotic, just like the Americans. I am happy to live in a country that is not run by an absolute idiot, doesn't think it's okay for everyone to walk around with guns, doesn't seem to have as much of a war on race like you guys have and isn't extremely religious with cults dotted everywhere.

Our stereotype is that we are posh people who drink tea and go to prestigious universities (and are very much dog lovers), whilst yours is usually seen as hillbilly idiots, that carry guns and don't know much. I prefer being labelled as the former, if I wished to choose a stereotype. The fact the majority voted for Trump in to power also gives out another stereotype. :lol:

I am only jealous of your very nicely designed houses... but we have nicely designed houses and really *****y ones; that's the same for the US. I think we see more *****y houses on TV in the US, than we see of nice ones. And just like you, we have our own problems we deal with. No country is perfect but there is a good chance that those who reside in or were born in it, are incredibly patriotic about it. If you wish to only talk about the positives of your country in an attempt to state your superiority, and ignore the negatives of your country, then that's called ignorance.

Better and wealthier lifestyle!?!? ARE YOU DELUDED?! America has record rates of unemployment and homeless people, these so-called wealthy people are the same people who pass homeless people on the streets in LA, what a joke! Bro don't even @ me when you guys cant take care of your own vets for god sake, these guys literally risked their life for you and you lot can't even get them off the streets. SAD!

Look no country is perfect and certainly not UK but stop painting America like this amazing land full of wealth peace and prosperity cause for all intensive purposes it rather sucks.

Yes, and your trolls are larger and clumsier too. Move on...
So many aspects of Britain are superior to the UK, including our healthcare system; education system; welfare system; travel network; TV, particularly our comedy; culture and multi-culturalism; our police don't need to be able to shoot people to do their jobs; and you guys even think your food is better just because you have access to a ridiculous amount of "take outs" and burger bars, when in reality the British menu is one of immense variety and culture.
Original post by uptownpunkk
How is our cancer treatment appalling? I've spoken to an American who was treated for the same cancer as me, and there was virtually no difference in the treatment that we were receiving.

I've been in remission for 2 years. 3 years away from being considered "cured". And it didn't cost me a dime and never will do so long as the NHS survives. If I was an insured american, I'd be facing rising premiums or being refused health insurance. If I was an uninsured american I'd either be facing crippling debt or I'd be dead.

These are anecdotal stories used by the Left to spread fake news.

British people die because of your waiting lists.

Latest

Trending

Trending