The Student Room Group

Pipppp's Sixth Form Journey

Hi guys!

In an attempt to drastically improve my grades, I thought I would give this a shot.

About me academically:

GCSEs - 3A*s, 4As, 6Bs
(Definitely not the best GCSE grades)

I started sixth form this year, and:
Studying for A-Level -
English Literature
History
Geography

Aim -
To study law at a Russell Group University

At the moment my grades are beyond terrible and to be able to achieve my goals, I need to work extremely hard so I thought why not take you on the journey with me?
Here we go, wish me luck!! :smile:
Good luck!!! :u:
Hi,
We got quite similar GCSEs (3A*s, 4As,3Bs and a C) and I do the same A-Level subjects as you, except, I do Psychology instead of Geography. Perhaps, we can both be on this academic journey to success together. I'm also aiming to study at a Russell Group-but for English- instead of Law.
Good Luck (:
Reply 3
Original post by Upseedasy
Hi,
We got quite similar GCSEs (3A*s, 4As,3Bs and a C) and I do the same A-Level subjects as you, except, I do Psychology instead of Geography. Perhaps, we can both be on this academic journey to success together. I'm also aiming to study at a Russell Group-but for English- instead of Law.
Good Luck (:

Ahhh okay and yes of course, best of luck!
How are you finding English and History at the moment?
Good Luck
Reply 5
Original post by biohalle
Good Luck

Thank you!!
Reply 6
Original post by abimcg2468!
Good luck!!! :u:

Thankyouuu!
Original post by Pipppp1881
Ahhh okay and yes of course, best of luck!
How are you finding English and History at the moment?

I love English-but I’m still getting to grasp with the different weighting of AOs per question, but I’m not finding it incredibly hard. History on the other hand, makes me want to cry. Hyperbole-yes-but I’m finding it a lot harder than English and I really want to do well in it. All my subjects to be honest. How about you? English and History.

Ohh forgot to add:
For English I study:
Hamlet
Gatsby
A Doll’s House
Rossetti
Reply 8
I love English-but I’m still getting to grasp with the different weighting of AOs per question, but I’m not finding it incredibly hard. History on the other hand, makes me want to cry. Hyperbole-yes-but I’m finding it a lot harder than English and I really want to do well in it. All my subjects to be honest. How about you? English and History.

Ohh forgot to add:
For English I study:
Hamlet
Gatsby
A Doll’s House
Rossetti

Same I find the different AOs difficult to remember! For History, I do Tsarist Russia, which I despise at the moment, and Wars of the Roses which I am obsessed with!! I find History really interesting but finding exam technique hard! But I know what you mean, when I get my first essay back I cried! What topics are you doing?
English is good but again exam technique is difficult! For English I am studying: Othello; Death of a Salesman; The Kite Runner; The Handmaid's Tale.
Gatsby is one of my favourite books, I wish I was studying it & Hamlet is definitely my favourite Shakespearean play, other than Richard III! I like my books but don't love them, if you get what I mean
Original post by Pipppp1881
Same I find the different AOs difficult to remember! For History, I do Tsarist Russia, which I despise at the moment, and Wars of the Roses which I am obsessed with!! I find History really interesting but finding exam technique hard! But I know what you mean, when I get my first essay back I cried! What topics are you doing?
English is good but again exam technique is difficult! For English I am studying: Othello; Death of a Salesman; The Kite Runner; The Handmaid's Tale.
Gatsby is one of my favourite books, I wish I was studying it & Hamlet is definitely my favourite Shakespearean play, other than Richard III! I like my books but don't love them, if you get what I mean

Sorry I'm only responding now-I've had so much school work to do, especially with mocks coming up. I actually just got back a History essay today and got a C (pretty chuffed with that). I do International Relations 1890-1941; Britain 1930-96...I think it's 96 or something like that. I also do the Ascendancy of the Ottoman Empire--exam board: OCR. The same exam board as my English Literature course. Yeah, I totally understand. In one question it's 50% A03 in another it's predominantly critics/interpetations;a lot more skill required than GCSE. I'm assuming from your texts you do AQA Tragedy paper? and the social unrest one too?
Reply 10
Sorry I'm only responding now-I've had so much school work to do, especially with mocks coming up. I actually just got back a History essay today and got a C (pretty chuffed with that). I do International Relations 1890-1941; Britain 1930-96...I think it's 96 or something like that. I also do the Ascendancy of the Ottoman Empire--exam board: OCR. The same exam board as my English Literature course. Yeah, I totally understand. In one question it's 50% A03 in another it's predominantly critics/interpetations;a lot more skill required than GCSE. I'm assuming from your texts you do AQA Tragedy paper? and the social unrest one too?

Sorry for some the notification of your message has only just come through, good luck with your mocks! I don't know when I have my mocks next but no doubt I won't be ready for them! Congrats in your history essay, that's a really good score. Ah okay ,those topics sound quite interesting actually! Yes exactly, a massive step up from GCSE & yes I do tragedy and social unrest! I'm enjoying it a lot more than I expected, at another college I was considering I would have had to do love through the ages, which doesn't really grab my interest.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending