The Student Room Group

Braces, and i'm almost 18

I just got braces, and I will be 18 in a few months. It feels quite late to get braces an I am a bit nervous of other peoples reactions, especially if i still have them on when I go to uni.
Would you find someone with braces less attractive? If you liked someone would braces really put you off wanting to kiss them??
I know this sounds super shallow and it doesnt bother me too much or i wouldnt have got them. I just wondered what people thought?
Reply 1
Majority of people won’t care, and if they do you’ll probably just get a few questions - “why so late?” etc. You won’t be the only one.
Tbh, I got braces in November (turned 18 in September) and no one really cared, like literally two of my friends said 'oh you got braces lol' and never mentioned it again. I've seen a few people with them in college as well so it feels pretty normal.
My aunt has braces and she is in university and 21
I'm sure you will be fine
But be positive
Doesn't matter, I thought it was the end of the world when I got mine (at 15 almost 16) but in reality nobody even comments on it, just a couple of people noticing. Even my brother, who doesn't hesitate to tell me that he hates my clothes, shoes, jewellery etc said absolutely nothing so don't worry hehe
And I'd rather date someone with braces than crooked teeth bc I mean at least you're trying to fix it... trust me it's SO worth it in the end :tongue:
Reply 5
I'm 17 and I only got braces recently as well, and I've noticed no difference in how people see me/think of me/behave with me :smile:
and I personally don't think braces are unattractive so don't worry !!
Original post by LolIGotAU
Tbh, I got braces in November (turned 18 in September) and no one really cared, like literally two of my friends said 'oh you got braces lol' and never mentioned it again. I've seen a few people with them in college as well so it feels pretty normal.

Original post by iras
I'm 17 and I only got braces recently as well, and I've noticed no difference in how people see me/think of me/behave with me :smile:
and I personally don't think braces are unattractive so don't worry !!

I second that :biggrin:
Reply 7
Braces are cute tbh. Im sure you’ll look sweet
I’m going to get braces soon for the 2nd time smh and honestly it looks much better than having ugly teeth
Original post by Anonymous
I just got braces, and I will be 18 in a few months. It feels quite late to get braces an I am a bit nervous of other peoples reactions, especially if i still have them on when I go to uni.
Would you find someone with braces less attractive? If you liked someone would braces really put you off wanting to kiss them??
I know this sounds super shallow and it doesnt bother me too much or i wouldnt have got them. I just wondered what people thought?

Doesn't that mean they're free when you're under 18? Good call if so, I was a little younger than you but after the initial few days of people realising you have braces, it'll really not be an issue. As for uni, you're being everyone for the first time so it won't be any different to them
Enjoy your winning smile to come ;p
Original post by Chichaldo
Doesn't that mean they're free when you're under 18? Good call if so, I was a little younger than you but after the initial few days of people realising you have braces, it'll really not be an issue. As for uni, you're being everyone for the first time so it won't be any different to them
Enjoy your winning smile to come ;p

Yep, so I got them just in time! They are so expensive if not!!

Thank you :smile:
I got mine when I was 11 lol. No I wouldn't really care if I saw an 18 year old with them.
I got them aged 18, now 19, and I already see a massive improvement. They've made me feel sooo much better about my teeth, it's only been six months but the top ones are already perfectly straight. I know people who have them who are at uni.I'm currently on a gap year and because the bottom teeth are taking a bit longer I probably also will do.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending