The Student Room Group

How to deal with illness in exam season

Essentially I start my exams on the 15th Monday and on Thursday morning I woke up feeling really ill:hot and cold shivers, sore throat, achy, headache and really bad heart burn - it means I can’t keep anything down. I tried to work in the uni library but I just couldn’t so went back to my flat.
I feel worse and it’s Friday morning so I feel really really anxious that I probably won’t be able to revise - what do I do, I have quite bad anxiety so I don’t really know what to do
I will hopefully feel well enough to make my exam but I just feel so bad about not being able to revise
Talk to someone at the uni and ask for their help. They'll know the policies better than we will.
Original post by Catherineenixon
Essentially I start my exams on the 15th Monday and on Thursday morning I woke up feeling really ill:hot and cold shivers, sore throat, achy, headache and really bad heart burn - it means I can’t keep anything down. I tried to work in the uni library but I just couldn’t so went back to my flat.
I feel worse and it’s Friday morning so I feel really really anxious that I probably won’t be able to revise - what do I do, I have quite bad anxiety so I don’t really know what to do
I will hopefully feel well enough to make my exam but I just feel so bad about not being able to revise

you need a doctors note claim EC with said note as proof then revise until the resit usually in the summer exam period or later on in the year it sounds like a bad case of flu get better revise on Friday (so today) and everything will be fine.
Only thing you can do is get a note from your GP and apply for extenuating circumstances. Be aware that your university might say you've had ample time to revise before you became ill, though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending