The Student Room Group

Anyone here above the age of 20?

I'm 22 and think it might be time to go. I feel silly talking in threads with 16 year olds. Anyone else here that's a bit older? Or know any popular forum websites like this for people my age. (Not reddit)

Scroll to see replies

I'm 20
Reply 2
I'm in my mid 20's, and I'm here to help others with relationship advice, or generic answers to life's problems.
I'm 21. You do realise a good proportion of users of TSR are applicants or current uni students so 18+?
I'm over 20 (well over 20)...to give an idea of my age, my youngest son is almost 20 and my eldest is 24!

I came here with my own questions as a mature student and then signed up properly when my boys were going through A levels/uni choices.
Reply 5
Original post by CTLevers
I'm 21. You do realise a good proportion of users of TSR are applicants or current uni students so 18+?

Yeah I see a lot of applicants but not much from 2nd and 3rd years. I'm mostly in the relationship forum though.
Reply 6
Original post by Villa73
I'm in my mid 20's, and I'm here to help others with relationship advice, or generic answers to life's problems.

Yeah same I think I spend way too much time giving advice though. I just find it fun and it's great for procrastination. Only got back into TSR this year.
Reply 7
Life is for helping others. Doing 1 good deed per day (be that posting encouraging advice or support on here, or buying a homeless person food) makes you feel better about things.
At least it does for me.
My two children are at uni - so well over 20 - I pop on here to see if I can help with advice on DSA / relationships / going to uni when your parents are trying to stop you - anything I have been through that might help others and save them a load of time and worry.
I'm 21
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah I see a lot of applicants but not much from 2nd and 3rd years. I'm mostly in the relationship forum though.

I've just finished 1st semester of 2nd year 😂 So you've got at least one Uni sophomore here.
I'm 27. I signed up here nearly 5 years ago mainly to use the Learning to Drive forum while I was doing my lessons, and ended up staying and using the forum as a whole. This forum did predominantly used to be aimed at college and uni students, but over the past few years the GCSE forums have grown massively and it seems like the average user gets younger and younger every week :lol:
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
I'm 27. I signed up here nearly 5 years ago mainly to use the Learning to Drive forum while I was doing my lessons, and ended up staying and using the forum as a whole. This forum did predominantly used to be aimed at college and uni students, but over the past few years the GCSE forums have grown massively and it seems like the average user gets younger and younger every week :lol:

I joined when I started doing my GCSEs mainly for the unofficial marks schemes, I dunno if people still post those. Back then I thought of it was a place for older teens and the youngest I'd see were people in year 10 also starting GCSEs. After year 11 I stopped coming on here but now I'm back again I can't stay away. Before TSR, yahoo answers was the one but the demographic is quite broad and less of a community feel.
Do you see yourself leaving TSR anytime soon? Surely after 5 years, you've seen so many of the same questions over and over again
I’m 21, hoping to get into uni this year :smile:
I'm 22 and think it might be time to go. I feel silly talking in threads with 16 year olds. Anyone else here that's a bit older? Or know any popular forum websites like this for people my age. (Not reddit)

I am 22.

I never actually used this forum while in school. Really regret it :frown:

Fortunately, I have yet to go to Uni. Though not all comments on here are that useful.
I’m over 20 and use this forum to give advice in the careers section and to keep entertained
im 28. just looking to chat to a few girls so if something can spark. prefer 17-20 year olds tho as they look younger
I'm 24 but don't feel too old. I'm hopefully starting my Masters this year so will technically still be a student. I just like giving advice, I guess.

Mm same I'm 25, this is just easier to access (the smaller forums confuse me). So if you find anywhere let me know lol. Only come on here to answer a few questions and ask some.
I’m 21

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending