The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL MSc Speech and Language Sciences 2018 - Interview Prep

To anyone who has previously done the interview or is soon to do it, any help or advice would be greatly appreciated! I have my interview in the first week of January 2018 and not sure what to expect x
Original post by Darcy G
To anyone who has previously done the interview or is soon to do it, any help or advice would be greatly appreciated! I have my interview in the first week of January 2018 and not sure what to expect x

Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
My interview is on Friday too! Have got no idea what to expect yet apart from the timetable sent on the email. Slightly panicking about the 30 minute individual interview too!!
Reply 3
Anyone else had an interview with UCL in January and not heard back? x
Reply 4
Original post by Darcy G
Anyone else had an interview with UCL in January and not heard back? x

I haven’t heard back either, but I’m not really expecting good news unfortunately!! I don’t really know what to think as other people have had offers/ waiting list
Reply 5
Original post by squaglia
I haven’t heard back either, but I’m not really expecting good news unfortunately!! I don’t really know what to think as other people have had offers/ waiting list

Yeah same here :frown: doesn't sound too great. Do you know if anyone has been rejected from UCL? I haven't, so I'm worrying myself they're leaving rejections until last...
Reply 6
Original post by Darcy G
Yeah same here :frown: doesn't sound too great. Do you know if anyone has been rejected from UCL? I haven't, so I'm worrying myself they're leaving rejections until last...

I haven't heard of anyone getting a rejection yet, but then again i only know of people getting offers/ waiting list through following the thread on here which i guess is only a handful of people, so there may be others we don't know about. To be honest, my interview didn't go very well, so I am not really expecting good news. I emailed last week (Monday) and they said that the admissions tutor was still looking over some applications and that they would try to get back to everyone by the end of the week (as in, by last Friday) and I still haven't heard anything. I am just going to try and do my best at the City interview! We don't know for definite about UCL, so keeping my fingers crossed! Good luck I hope it all goes well for you! x
Reply 7
I haven't heard of anyone getting a rejection yet, but then again i only know of people getting offers/ waiting list through following the thread on here which i guess is only a handful of people, so there may be others we don't know about. To be honest, my interview didn't go very well, so I am not really expecting good news. I emailed last week (Monday) and they said that the admissions tutor was still looking over some applications and that they would try to get back to everyone by the end of the week (as in, by last Friday) and I still haven't heard anything. I am just going to try and do my best at the City interview! We don't know for definite about UCL, so keeping my fingers crossed! Good luck I hope it all goes well for you! x

Yeah same here, I wasn’t happy at all with how my individual interview went, so I was never expecting good news tbh!

When’s your City interview? Thank you, and good luck to you! Xxx
Reply 8
Original post by Darcy G
Yeah same here, I wasn’t happy at all with how my individual interview went, so I was never expecting good news tbh!

When’s your City interview? Thank you, and good luck to you! Xxx

Yeah I feel like I prepared for the wrong sorts of questions in the UCL interview!
Thank you! I’ve booked on for 7th Feb, have you got an interview there as well? X
Reply 9
Yeah I feel like I prepared for the wrong sorts of questions in the UCL interview!
Thank you! I’ve booked on for 7th Feb, have you got an interview there as well? X

Exactly, same here. Weirdest and most unexpected questions :frown:

Yeah, my interview is on the 13th Feb! I’m hoping their interview is nothing like UCL in terms of questions haha (I want them to just ask normal questions)! X
What were the UCL questions like? I havent heard back but i applied ages ago :'(
Could I ask for some examples of the questions asked at the UCL interview?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending