The Student Room Group

My crush went from gay to straight

Ok so here’s something I can’t wrap my head around. There’s this guy I’ve sort of been following on a dating site. He is like the man of my dreams: just perfect.

Until a few days ago he said he was a gay man looking for gay men. And then suddenly he changed to straight man looking for women.

I just can’t believe this. What does this mean? Is he in denial or something? Why would someone do that? Oh god I feel silly asking this question but why am I bothered by this?
Original post by Anonymous
Ok so here’s something I can’t wrap my head around. There’s this guy I’ve sort of been following on a dating site. He is like the man of my dreams: just perfect.

Until a few days ago he said he was a gay man looking for gay men. And then suddenly he changed to straight man looking for women.

I just can’t believe this. What does this mean? Is he in denial or something? Why would someone do that? Oh god I feel silly asking this question but why am I bothered by this?

The first time it was just a joke, it's what stupid straight guys do on Facebook. They either do it deliberately for a joke and change it after a little while, or their mates get into their account and put interested in men as a joke without the guy realising, then he changes it back when he eventually looks at his profile properly. He was never gay in the first place.
(edited 6 years ago)
He doesn't like you. I lie effortlessly when I'm around people... who I never want to see again.
So being gay is a choice?
Original post by arizonaidiot

It obviously isn't, I've already explained the likely reasons above. Being gay is not a choice, you didn't wake up and decide to be straight. Try choosing to be gay right now or tomorrow morning and try to carry on being gay, it won't work. I posted a lot about this in a different thread yesterday.
Original post by Glassapple
It obviously isn't, I've already explained the likely reasons above. Being gay is not a choice, you didn't wake up and decide to be straight. Try choosing to be gay right now or tomorrow morning and try to carry on being gay, it won't work. I posted a lot about this in a different thread yesterday.

I don't even know at this point tbh
Original post by arizonaidiot

Oh yes, I had a friend who used to act gay after getting drunk. Otherwise he was straight.
Original post by CuriousGuy777
Oh yes, I had a friend who used to act gay after getting drunk. Otherwise he was straight.

Spoiler

By the sounds of things, he's taken interest in both genders. He's obviously mistaken himself because he can't be gay if he's suddenly turned to girls. You can't just change from one sexuality to another, it's who you naturally are. He's clearly bisexual but has obviously mistaken himself for gay. Someone's getting confused here... :confused:
He's either straight and just did that for a joke or he could be bi and unsuccessful in finding men, hence why he changed his bio. Tbh it's probably the former though.

Also, sorry to be picky but the title's kinda annoying me; you can't just go from gay to 'straight'. Just felt like pointing that out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending