Sexism... Or Just Plain Rude?

This poll is closed

Sexism or just Rude?

Sexism 0%
Rude 50%
Not At All50%
Total votes: 2
Hi All,

I guess I had better give you some background.

I am currently doing a HNC in construction before i go on to do a degree i architecture.
I have a few issues so I currently have support from DSA. Part of this is extended deadline for assignments when required. However just after Xmas I had to have some time off due to me having the Aussie flu that was going around and it was messing will illnesses I already have. My lecturer/tutor handed out assignments in this time. When I went back in after missing a couple of sessions later he asked me for my assignment. I suggested I didn' know there was an assignment. He said if I didn' hand them in that day I would be marked a pass grade. I mentioned if I could have a week and he agreed after that it would be marked at a pass.

Fast forward a week, and I ask him to check my work he waits until the end of the day to do so. When he does he states that it's not Distinction worthy because he doesn't have the brief with him. We now have a reading week next week and I am going in with a few of my peers to work on a current assignment. I asked if he could go through an assignment which he did as a tutorial while I was of when I'm in. He stated when is enough, enough and I have an unfair advantage over everyone else, because I have extended deadlines.

I would like to point out that dsa asked and approved that the where possible the tutor/s could put all assignments on the shared area and go through anything I am unsure about. I am not the only one with extended deadines as my male friends in class have them. He accepts there offer and asks how long they need. It is just strange.

What do you guys think?
Original post by Becky_Louise15
When I went back in after missing a couple of sessions later he asked me for my assignment. I suggested I didn' know there was an assignment.

You should have emailed him when you were off and asked about assignments.

I would like to point out that dsa asked and approved that the where possible the tutor/s could put all assignments on the shared area and go through anything I am unsure about. I am not the only one with extended deadines as my male friends in class have them. He accepts there offer and asks how long they need. It is just strange.

What do you guys think?

Is he aware of what DSA have suggested?
Original post by Tiger Rag
You should have emailed him when you were off and asked about assignments.

Is he aware of what DSA have suggested?

I did email him while I was off. Sadly there was no mention of assignments.

He is aware of what DSA have suggested and believes I have an unfair advantage.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending