The Student Room Group

Nervous to start my first day. No confidence.

Hello. Just to make this post a little easier I'm going to give you a little background about me.

I'm 17 years old and through out primary and secondary school I go bullied over stupid things. I have never had confidence and always nervous to try out new things. On Monday (Tomorrow) I start my first day of my traineeship.

I'm very nervous and I suffer with panic attacks and I'm worried I will have one over this, I have no confidence at all.

In my group there is 12 of us I was told on the induction day (which only me and one other person turned up to) the age group is 16-18 mixed boys and girls. I'll be doing work preparation to do with Buisness Administration and Maths&English. I'm worried incase my tutor asks me for the answer to the question that I don't know. (like they did in school) I met my tutor on the induction day he seems miserable.

I'm just really nervous and I think I should just quit it and do something else but I haven't even started yet and I DON'T want to quit I want to sick with this but I'm just really nervous and feel like I will never be able to do anything.

Please if you have any advice please message me, no nasty comments are needed. Thank you.
Try to relax - out of all the candidates, they selected you, so you must have some value! :smile: As you begin, you won't be expected to have all the right answers, that comes with time and experience. If you get the answer wrong, don't worry, just learn from it. First impressions don't tell you a lot - maybe your tutor isn't as miserable as you first thought!

Best of luck! :biggrin:
Original post by cheesecakelove
Try to relax - out of all the candidates, they selected you, so you must have some value! :smile: As you begin, you won't be expected to have all the right answers, that comes with time and experience. If you get the answer wrong, don't worry, just learn from it. First impressions don't tell you a lot - maybe your tutor isn't as miserable as you first thought!

Best of luck! :biggrin:

Thank you for your help. I'll try to stay relaxed but I just can't
Original post by XxGemmaRosexX
Thank you for your help. I'll try to stay relaxed but I just can't

you can. :smile:
I started my first day today.

It went really well thank you for commenting.

I stayed calm and tried to relax and it didn't go as bad as I thought it would of.

Quick Reply

Latest