The Student Room Group
The Quad, Middlesex University
Middlesex University
London

ba fashion communication and styling?

just received an unconditional offer, which is...surprising. anyone else considering this course for 2018?
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:
The Quad, Middlesex University
Middlesex University
London
i got an unconditional too which was a complete shock hahaha, are you going to the experience day? i'm not too sure on what i think about the course
Reply 3
Original post by baileyjoy
i got an unconditional too which was a complete shock hahaha, are you going to the experience day? i'm not too sure on what i think about the course

i tried to self-sabotage my portfolio and was literally the only person at my group interview that didn’t get asked anything about the questionnaire so i thought it was a definite no. i wasn’t too keen on the campus personally, idk if the hospital theming for the arts & education building is permanent but it felt way too clinical for me (like i get it. a&e. but it’s just not a good concept imo i wanna study fashion in an arts building, not a nursing wing). the course itself seemed great for what i wanted to do (photography/layout/graphics for print) but i’m still going to wait and see what happens with other unis first. it’s nice to know i have a definite option that isn’t foundation at my college though! what parts of the course weren’t you sold on?

i’m on an exchange trip the week of the experience day so i need to see if i can be in london for it, otherwise probably not :frown:

edit: also did you have your interview on the 24th jan? just wondering if you were in my group haha
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by polarising
i tried to self-sabotage my portfolio and was literally the only person at my group interview that didn’t get asked anything about the questionnaire so i thought it was a definite no. i wasn’t too keen on the campus personally, idk if the hospital theming for the arts & education building is permanent but it felt way too clinical for me (like i get it. a&e. but it’s just not a good concept imo i wanna study fashion in an arts building, not a nursing wing). the course itself seemed great for what i wanted to do (photography/layout/graphics for print) but i’m still going to wait and see what happens with other unis first. it’s nice to know i have a definite option that isn’t foundation at my college though! what parts of the course weren’t you sold on?

i’m on an exchange trip the week of the experience day so i need to see if i can be in london for it, otherwise probably not :frown:

edit: also did you have your interview on the 24th jan? just wondering if you were in my group haha

oh no way!! i guess you're just lucky then hahaha. i was actually rejected about 2 days after my interview (interview was the 21st of jan) and last monday i got a notification from ucas saying they gave me an unconditional so no clue what happened there, seems a bit shifty ;/ but yes i totally feel you on that!! it's kind of a strange concept to have...

i think the course does seem super good - i'm into fashion film & photography and the facilities they have were impressive but i think it's just the course overall, it just seems very VERY high standard and i will be coming from a background with no fashion knowledge so i think i'm just a bit intimidated which is a shame really.

where else did you apply?
Reply 5
Hey, I got an (unexpected) unconditional offer as well ! I didn't have to go to an interview but I had to send a digital portfolio as I'm not from the UK.
The course looks really good but I haven't made up my mind yet, my first choice is the foundation at CSM !
Reply 6

do you know when the experience day is ? I didn't get the email from them yet
Original post by edenlny
do you know when the experience day is ? I didn't get the email from them yet

it’s on the 17th of march & you have to book to attend! strange that they didnt email you - maybe check ur spam emails or try emailing them and asking? they are kind of awful at replying though :/
Reply 8
it’s on the 17th of march & you have to book to attend! strange that they didnt email you - maybe check ur spam emails or try emailing them and asking? they are kind of awful at replying though :/

Thanks ! :wink: I think it might be because I need to upload my IELTS results first. I'll email them !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending