The Student Room Group

Uni offer holder day boring

My offer holder days quite boring :s-smilie: is the offer holder day a reflection of what the people/uni will be like ....I mean there was barely anyone there but still..I'm second guessing whether I should go to the uni
Reply 1
Bump
Reply 2
Original post by s.mo
My offer holder days quite boring :s-smilie: is the offer holder day a reflection of what the people/uni will be like ....I mean there was barely anyone there but still..I'm second guessing whether I should go to the uni

what uni?
Reply 3
Original post by yusyus
what uni?

Manchester uni
Reply 4
Original post by s.mo
Manchester uni

well, I would say its one of the more important things but, I doubt you can translate boredom as likely you will have a lot of things to do when you're there. Most likely you were just bored because the day wasn't very well planned. I don't think its indicative of what you will actually do while your there
Reply 5
Original post by yusyus
well, I would say its one of the more important things but, I doubt you can translate boredom as likely you will have a lot of things to do when you're there. Most likely you were just bored because the day wasn't very well planned. I don't think its indicative of what you will actually do while your there

True..
I mean I was there on my own and didn't know anyone but no one was making an effort with each other making me think it will be like that at the start of uni :s-smilie:
Reply 6
Original post by s.mo
True..
I mean I was there on my own and didn't know anyone but no one was making an effort with each other making me think it will be like that at the start of uni :s-smilie:

I doubt it will be like that; you will have activities to get to know each other and will naturally get to know people, open days tend to be pretty mechanical
Original post by s.mo

I had a similar experience when I went for an offer holder day at Newcastle. I felt like the lecturers weren't enthusiastic, engaging or very welcoming, and although I liked the university there just didn't seem to be a great atmosphere. I actually didn't get the grades to study there anyway, but I went through clearing and went to an open day at Sheffield Hallam (where I study now) and was pretty astounded at the difference. There was a really friendly vibe and the lecturers were enthusiastic, as well as the students who showed us around. This feeling has definitely continued throughout my time studying here!

I'm not saying to judge your uni solely on this day, but do take into account your instincts about the place. You'll be living there for 3+ years, so it's important you feel comfortable and welcome.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending