The Student Room Group

A Level Results/Getting into uni

Hi, I'm predicted ABB (I do french psychology geography) which is the same for my offer for Uni of Bath for French + Mandarin, but it feels really impossible for me to get the grades (I'm getting Bs and some Cs rn but I'm just completely burnt out with 0 confidence). Ik it's not good to aim below your offer but how unlikely is it that I get in on BBB? I just don't see myself getting an A in any of my subjects, I like French but it feels like I'm just stuck in my ability, the other subjects are so fkn boring so they are hard to force myself to revise too
Original post by wigglewaggle321
Hi, I'm predicted ABB (I do french psychology geography) which is the same for my offer for Uni of Bath for French + Mandarin, but it feels really impossible for me to get the grades (I'm getting Bs and some Cs rn but I'm just completely burnt out with 0 confidence). Ik it's not good to aim below your offer but how unlikely is it that I get in on BBB? I just don't see myself getting an A in any of my subjects, I like French but it feels like I'm just stuck in my ability, the other subjects are so fkn boring so they are hard to force myself to revise too

Nobody know this, unfortunately, as nobody knows how full the course will be once Bath confirm the place of all firm offer-holders who meet their grade requirements, and all insurance offer-holders who meet their grade requirements (but we're not accepted by their firm choice).

If the course is full at that point, then your place won't be confirmed - as you won't have met the requirements. However, if there are a few spaces left they may look to accept some "near miss" candidates.

I should point out the according to The Uni Guide, a typical Modern Languages student at Bath achieved AAA. This suggests that meeting or exceeding offer grades is more normal than just missing them for this course. (source)

Quick Reply

Latest