The Student Room Group

Would you pay £1.50 for this item?

Hi guys,

So at my school we're fundraising so that my class can go to Paris and we're having our own valentine's day next week where we're going to offer to send roses anonymously for people for £1.50 with a pretty heart gift tag attached. My question is would you pay £1.50 for this or does it seem a bit steep?
WHAT!!
that is mega cheap!!!!
Are you sure you're not losing money?
No they're plastic roses :tongue:
Reply 3
Original post by Becca070600
Hi guys,

So at my school we're fundraising so that my class can go to Paris and we're having our own valentine's day next week where we're going to offer to send roses anonymously for people for £1.50 with a pretty heart gift tag attached. My question is would you pay £1.50 for this or does it seem a bit steep?

Sending roses a week past their best... bargain.
Reply 4

Okay... but why would you want to send (or receive) Valentines things on a day that isn't Valentines Day?

Maybe the few people directly involved in the fundraising would get the idea, but the rest of the school would just find it a bit odd.
Original post by Doonesbury
Okay... but why would you want to send (or receive) Valentines things on a day that isn't Valentines Day?

Maybe the few people directly involved in the fundraising would get the idea, but the rest of the school would just find it a bit odd.

We thought the exact same but we are planning to advertise it as our own school valentine's day in celebration of love. Seems strange I know!
Reply 6
We thought the exact same but we are planning to advertise it as our own school valentine's day in celebration of love. Seems strange I know!

Because, Paris? I think it's rather tenuous but bon chance!

Edit: thoughts @Paracosm :france:
(edited 6 years ago)
Merci beaucoup!

Oh ok then. Still worth it though it is only £1.50 for something that will make others happy.

I would recommend not making it about valentines day, and instead just say your school is celebrating a day of love and companionship.
Original post by monkeyman0121
Oh ok then. Still worth it though it is only £1.50 for something that will make others happy.

I would recommend not making it about valentines day, and instead just say your school is celebrating a day of love and companionship.

Thanks for the advice I shall pass that on to my team!
Reply 10
Original post by monkeyman0121

Oui, I was thinking Bastille Day possibly, but that's not until July and not exactly about love...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Doonesbury
Oui, I was thinking Bastille Day possibly, but that's not until July and not exactly about love...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Here, Here!
Hi guys,

Hiya. I think £1.50 is perfectly reasonable, but like others are saying I think the Valentines thing is a bit odd. I would make more of a focus on the city of love. Still themed around love, but it's a bit of a more obvious link than VD.
Maybe do something with another classic French theme too for those who aren't too love minded or don't have a partner. Warm drink and a pastry at lunch maybe?

And don't forget to cash in on parents! They're the ones with the money and will want their kids to have a good experience. You could host a coffee shop evening one day or send out a letter asking if they would like to buy one of the roses for their "amore".
Surely even if 100 people do this you won't have enough money to send a whole class to Paris.
Original post by AspiringUnderdog
Surely even if 100 people do this you won't have enough money to send a whole class to Paris.

Of course it isn't its just one of the many ideas!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending