The Student Room Group

This girl

Basically there is this girl at work and we are both good friends. I've known her since I started working there...which is around two years now (i've spoken to her for one).

Every-time I see her we just end up teasing and mocking each other. It's weird because normally I would hate this in a person...but with her I just play along.

In the past she has said some things which I feel would have caused offence to anyone else. Ive told my friends about her and they seem to think I should stay away and not talk to her. They said they "don't like the sound of her".

The problem is I can't help it, i'm attracted to her in this weird way. I've always liked people who have an ego and play hard to get. It's one of the reasons I actually like her, because its not what I normally get when I converse with other people. I'm intrigued by her and I don't know why?

However, I don't know why she is teasing me all the time we speak. For example she waits to get me alone on shift to talk to me. Generally she makes remarks like "I think you must be deaf or something" to get my attention when I don't respond straight away. She keeps saying this.

Then last week I was sitting with her before shift and I don't know how we got onto this but we started rating each other out of 10. I gave her a 5 and she gave me a 10??

Next minute she asks what it would be like to fight me, saying that she is physically bigger so would be able to hurt me more. I told her I would win jokingly...but I couldn't help wondering why she said this. Does she actually want to hurt me or was she teasing again?! Then she later proceeded to kick me in my legs lightly under the table almost like footsie, laughing.

On Valentines day she randomly text me, which I thought was a little weird. She mentioned that we should go somewhere together and hang out. I'm a little apprehensive to say "yes", considering her behaviour towards me recently.

What's so strange about this girl is that she only appears to be like this around me? Everyone comments about how nice she is to them, meanwhile all I see is her sarcastic side (which I can only assume is her true self). She has mentioned before to me that she puts on a personality for work, so that people respect her more. Plus she told me she only hangs out with few people from work and that I am one of them.

My question is if you were in my position what would you do? Could it be possible this is all because she likes me? She's playing a mind game with me?
she wants to shag
One piece of info will help in giving more insight to your situation; do you prefer tea or coffee?
(edited 6 years ago)
I think shes playing you
Reply 4
Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx
I think shes playing you

What should I do? Does this mean she could be interested in me or not.
Reply 5
Original post by Maven Writers
One piece of info will help in giving more insight to your situation; do you prefer tea or coffee?

I like coffee :wink:
Reply 6
That's the thing she is acting so childish. I'm confused as heck what it all means??
Original post by Anonymous

If shes playing you, then either shes interested in breaking your heart or playing with your emotions. Back out while you can
Reply 8
The thing is I have been trying to, even though I still like them. I just don't want to get hurt, seeing as if I got involved this would be my first relationship.

I don't even text them, message them on social media, or prompt initial conversation in person. It's always her - she comes and finds me at work and messages me online to get my attention. I don't want to come across as rude by ignoring her unnecessarily. Do you think it would be best to ask her about it if/and when we hang out? Then I can know for sure...
Reply 9
I know yeah she isn't going to stop whatever I say or do. It's become a thing she now does when seeing me... to "tease". My only fear with asking her straight up is possible rejection. We both work together which would make things more awkward if she ends up telling me she doesn't feel the same. It's all so risky.

Any suggestions on how I could ask her how she feels in a subtle way?
Original post by Anonymous

Play along

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending