The Student Room Group

why is dating culture so PC these days?

stop saying looks don't matter, and "there's somebody for everybody"....

it's why there is so much SJW **** these days, because people pandered to.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
nii

yes, that's right. i critique this, and me critiquing it causes you mass ire. lol. that's fine, since i know you hate people airing opinions.
Original post by coolforcatz

i am anti-PC but it is obvious there are billions of people in the world i wouldn't even consider a 3/10 who are in a relationship...
Reply 3
and there is no problem, since you're right i don't like modern dating values.

i also don't like it when many others express negative shist, and your supposed intellectual rigour filters out who are "wrong" lol.
Reply 4
ahhh....I can see how this upsets/offends you. I will then not post anything since the world meets your subjective perception of ****. So much for Oxbridge education....

Either you despise modern dating values, or hate the fact some critique them. that's good, since I will say as i please. don't like it, tough. I guess PPE didn't augur well for you.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 5
Well, you've confirmed my point.

You claim you're smart, but in reality you're not. lol. you have tried to "bully" me into silence, when i made a point, and apparently, this causes you such great hurt lol. that's fine, continue to boast about your education, when you clearly don't express the benefits of it. Apparently, your lecturer taught you that get to regulate how random strangers post, since i've seen numerous posting where you haven't *****ed lol. You've presented a very good picture of yourself here but that's fine.

Looks do matter, but maybe not as much as you think they do and you dont speak for everyone.

Considering there are billions of people then as long as you arent an axe murderer and relatively normal, then probability suggests there is someone or several thousand potentials that would make a good match.

Why are you getting so worked up by these issues?
What difference does it make yo you?
Why do you think it is PC?
Reply 7
Original post by 999tigger
Looks do matter, but maybe not as much as you think they do and you dont speak for everyone.

Considering there are billions of people then as long as you arent an axe murderer and relatively normal, then probability suggests there is someone or several thousand potentials that would make a good match.

Why are you getting so worked up by these issues?
What difference does it make yo you?
Why do you think it is PC?

Because i don't like the sentiment of it all.
is this wrong?
i guess you're here to help out your friend, that's nice....
is this wrong?

Im not backing anyone here but why are you getting so worked up about it? Normal questions are being asked and you are getting all defensive.
is this wrong?

The things you are getting angry about make little sense.

Not here to help anyone out, just wonder why you are so worked up and your explanation/ examples make no sense. Bemusing.

People are different looks matter more for some people than others. Are they the only thing that matter to you?

Are you sayng that out of billions of people, there arent going to be good matches for you?
because this Acsel woman is dishonest and a hypocrite to boot lol. it doesn't deeply offend me though.

Hows the user being dishonest when he/she are just giving their own opinions and input to your thread question? You wanted some answers or thoughts to that question and when someone does give it, you get all hyped up about it? And how do you know if Ascel even is a female?
If you’re going to troll, at least make it entertaining. Repeatedly insulting people based on intelligence or looks based on nothing is boring. As said, your posts are nothing but spam. Your only aim is playground insults, it’s truly pathetic.
Looks do matter, to various extents depending on who you ask.
I find it hard to believe that looks do not factor into who anyone is attracted to, but for many such as myself, it's less important than other aspects of a person.

The who "looks don't matter" "judge a person on their personality" is not a PC thing.
I'm not SJW but generally there is, and people aren't going to go out of their way to hurt people's feelings and tell them they will die alone
I can't tell if this is a troll or not, I've seen unironic s*** like this on the old r/incel.
The 'there's somebody for everybody' meme is more about actively searching for a suitable SO, basically saying no one is so special to the extent that they can't find someone who's right for them. Which is a very non "SJW" notion.

If this was just a big troll, still weak bait but at least it's better than Fasih123's bait.
Reply 15

There's not "someone for everyone" due to nature producing more boys at birth than girls, also immigration [which is mostly male] means there is somewhat of a surplus of males in this country until you get to old age. Then men start dying off before women, and by 70's and 80's women greatly outnumber men in those age catagories

and looks do matter.
That's another thing people often try to mislead about.

anyone who believes "looks don't matter" should just go and watch the TV series "dating in the dark". You can find it on youtube. Take note of the episodes where the contestants get on brilliantly personality wise but are somewhat mismatched looks wise eg: the girl is hot, the guy is a bit meh.

what typically happens when the lights come on?

I even made a topic on this once here.................
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 16
This is what happens when r/incels gets banned.
Reply 17

Not all dating culture is 'PC', it's just what 'dating culture' you're personally exposed to, and your disagreeing attitude towards that exposure. And looks don't matter to some people as much as you seem to care.

I'm also not going to take you too seriously, as I've seen you make multiple threads with ridiculous claims (such as mental illness doesn't exist), and then when someone challenges or debunks your claim, you get all defense and say something along the lines of: 'Can't I have an opinion? Why aren't you letting me say my opinion?', even though no one's stopping you stating what you want, and freedom of expression goes both ways: you can say what you want, and we can criticize it. Simple.
(edited 6 years ago)
I only "checked" your previous posts to try and mock you. since I don't see the difference in tone. but then you're so smart, educated, and socially geared lol.
ugly people can get with other uglies

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending