The Student Room Group
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website

Are Salford lenient with their entry requirements?

I've just received an offer from Salford for a 2nd year uni transfer under the conditions that I pass all my modules first time, but I've failed first semesters modules and I'm probably going to have to resit them in the summer. I know the terms of acceptance are what it says on the conditions, but are Salford lenient with it? When I had just got my A Level results I got BCD but still got accepted for Manchester Met which asked for BCC, I know its a different uni but they're kind of similar in entry requirements (Salfords requirements are lower actually). So will I still be able to transfer even though i haven't passed my modules first time.:/// seriously want to move back home to a uni close-by because I hate the uni that I picked to go to:/
Original post by Anonuser345
I've just received an offer from Salford for a 2nd year uni transfer under the conditions that I pass all my modules first time, but I've failed first semesters modules and I'm probably going to have to resit them in the summer. I know the terms of acceptance are what it says on the conditions, but are Salford lenient with it? When I had just got my A Level results I got BCD but still got accepted for Manchester Met which asked for BCC, I know its a different uni but they're kind of similar in entry requirements (Salfords requirements are lower actually). So will I still be able to transfer even though i haven't passed my modules first time.:/// seriously want to move back home to a uni close-by because I hate the uni that I picked to go to:/

Hi there. Although the Admissions Team do assess applications as a whole, if you are looking for a transfer into 2nd year here, you would need to pass all your 1st year modules elsewhere to gain the advanced entry. In the instance that you did not pass all the modules, it would be entry into the 1st year here that you would then be looking at.
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by University of Salford
Hi there. Although the Admissions Team do assess applications as a whole, if you are looking for a transfer into 2nd year here, you would need to pass all your 1st year modules elsewhere to gain the advanced entry. In the instance that you did not pass all the modules, it would be entry into the 1st year here that you would then be looking at.

Why would I have to look at 1st year entry when I will have passed all my modules by the end of my first year regardless? No point really, can’t see how I can’t be accepted for a 2nd transfer when I will have passed all of the modules by the end, just with resits. ?? So u want me to go back to first year just so I can pass all the modules first time ? Resits are not allowed ? Strange seeing as entry requirements are so low yet for a transfer it’s tighter hm
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending