The Student Room Group

Applied to the wrong university

I don’t know what I’m doing this whole university thing is stressing me out my parents are staying to stay home and London is great. I don’t think you can get what you get from London anywhere else in the UK tbh but I’m doing economics/history and London either has the extremely hard to get into unis that are good for economics or history. So I decided to apply elsewhere, outside London now I am having second thoughts and I might want to stay in London. How do I proceed with this decision? I’m unsure on how and what to do if this was the case, do I wait on results day and call up some unis to see? Help. Thanks
(edited 6 years ago)
You could reject all offers and take a punt at Clearing, but that's a very risky option. My advice to you would be to stick to your guns , considering you've spent all your life in London a uni experience outside of London might do you good.
Reply 2
Original post by Marla12
I don’t know what I’m doing this whole university thing is stressing me out my parents are staying to stay home and London is great. I don’t think you can get what you get from London anywhere else in the UK tbh but I’m doing economics and London either has the extremely hard to get into unis that are good for economics such as LSE or very **** ones. So I decided to apply elsewhere, outside London now I am having second thoughts and I might want to stay in London. How do I proceed with this decision? I’m unsure on how and what to do if this was the case, do I wait on results day and call up some unis to see? Help. Thanks

LSE won't be in Clearing. The "very **** ones" will be. As may some in between.

Where are your current offers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 6 years ago)
Could you maybe go to an uni in the surrounding counties? That way you’ll still be close enough but experiencing a life outside London
Original post by Doonesbury
LSE won't be in Clearing. The "very **** ones" will be. As may some in between.

Where are your current offers?
Yeah exactly, I have all conditional varying from AAB to BBB Manchester Loughborough Kent Leicester and Sussex.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending