The Student Room Group

Are British degree useless in the USA?

Does the British degree have importance in the USA?
Or you are required to take other exams to be consolidated?

Thanks
WiSi
Original post by WiSi

Thanks
WiSi

For post grad studies... or job finding? and are you an American Citizen or Green Card holder?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by wolfmoon88
For post grad studies... or job finding? and are you an American Citizen or Green Card holder?

Posted from TSR Mobile

All of them
Reply 3
Original post by WiSi

Thanks
WiSi

Consolidated?

British degrees are accepted worldwide.
If a degree isnt STEM its useless to planet earth tbh.
Reply 5
Original post by wolfmoon88

Posted from TSR Mobile

For finding a job.

I'm not American, but I have american relatives.
Reply 6
Original post by Doonesbury
Consolidated?

British degrees are accepted worldwide.

No matter which university ?
Original post by WiSi
No matter which university ?

The same principles apply as here in that regard, by and large - Oxbridge gets a free pass, LSE, Edinburgh, the other London unis and Warwick/Durham perhaps are all good, anything else is "we will check it's a real university and then accept that on face value".

I mean that latter thing is more of an issue in the US since "for profit" universities and degree mills run rampant there...not so relevant here I guess.

But, if for example, you apply to a PhD at Harvard (or wherever that is excellent for your particular subject), they're going to expect serious academic chops naturally - and they will probably expect more evidence of this if you aren't going to a university that is as well known, that they have experience recruiting from. That doesn't mean they won't take you under any circumstances though...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending