The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
Literally nothing happens if you don’t though....just be a good person, why live your life feeling guilty for no reason.

i do i try my best and believe in allah but i dont know what to do because lots of things are actually haram so im stuck
Original post by Anonymous
yeah but im muslim and i have to follow the rules
You think God's going to throw you in eternal fire because you wanted to feel good when you were having sex?

OK I'm a man of faith myself (though not a Muslim), and can't see how or why any god would tell you to have sex in only one position. Sex can be done in thousands of ways and if you and your husband are comfortable having sex in any of these ways, just fricken do it. If God really gets that pissed at you for it, tell him he should have designed your sex organs to be stimulated more fully through his prescribed position.

Sex is a gift to us, I believe: to be enjoyed to its fullest without guilt (provided nobody is getting hurt). In fact, in my own faith (Christianity), we're actually told that we should fully attend to our partner's needs in bed, abstaining only for short periods of prayer (and to make it feel better when we come together again).

Which is the more loving religion now :lol:
Instead of questioning why it's haram don't you question the rationality of a religion that dictates what position you can have sex in?
Original post by Tootles
You think God's going to throw you in eternal fire because you wanted to feel good when you were having sex?

OK I'm a man of faith myself (though not a Muslim), and can't see how or why any god would tell you to have sex in only one position. Sex can be done in thousands of ways and if you and your husband are comfortable having sex in any of these ways, just fricken do it. If God really gets that pissed at you for it, tell him he should have designed your sex organs to be stimulated more fully through his prescribed position.

Sex is a gift to us, I believe: to be enjoyed to its fullest without guilt (provided nobody is getting hurt). In fact, in my own faith (Christianity), we're actually told that we should fully attend to our partner's needs in bed, abstaining only for short periods of prayer (and to make it feel better when we come together again).

Which is the more loving religion now :lol:

thanks and yeah someone said above it doesnt make me a true muslim so i feel bad now
thanks and yeah someone said above it doesnt make me a true muslim so i feel bad now
You want to ride on top. Does your husband want you do do that?
Original post by SherlockD
Let’s not start this debate. You win. Congratulations.

Hooray! Thank you for your noble surrender.
Original post by Tootles
You want to ride on top. Does your husband want you do do that?

we've tried it before and i like it alot so does he but the video says it emasculates the man but how?? we both like it and i dont know anymore also oral is also haram???
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Oral is not forbidden.

Dude are you okay? Oral is forbidden.
we've tried it before and i like it alot so does he but the video says it emasculates the man but how?? we both like it and i dont know anymore also oral is also haram???
It doesn't emasculate anyone, it's just an old thing people say, or used to at least. It's said in the Kama Sutra even, I think it said the woman should only be on top if the man is ill.

I don't honestly see how either of you can be harming your souls by wanting to make each other - loving each other and wanting to spend your lives together - feel good. Sex is about making the person you're with, and yourself, feel good. It's for procreating too, but biologically it bonds couples. If you have great sex, you're going to have a stronger relationship. If you have crap sex, you're going to be more likely to be frustrated with one another.

So do what feels good.
Original post by MiszshorTea786
Dude are you okay? Oral is forbidden.

i only found out now that this is haram i dont understand why everything is haram also i dont always orgasm during vaginal sex but i do with oral and my husband and i enjoy it?? is there any source and can you confirm
Original post by karl pilkington
Instead of questioning why it's haram don't you question the rationality of a religion that dictates what position you can have sex in?

Don't be silly, that would make too much sense

Right sis, a woman can be on top of a man, that is no issue however difference of opinion plays a huge role here. Therefore if you are a hanafi follower thats a not allowed.

Imam Shafee(Rahimahullah) Imam Hanbal, Imam Malik all permit it.
Right sis, a woman can be on top of a man, that is no issue however difference of opinion plays a huge role here. Therefore if you are a hanafi follower thats a not allowed.

Imam Shafee(Rahimahullah) Imam Hanbal, Imam Malik all permit it.

did you watch that video i posted with the timing?? it says it emasculates the man this is untrue so im confused but thanks

oral sex is haram though? it hurts without it and i only really orgasm when my husband does oral
oh my god

it even tells you how to have sex

i can just imagine allah and the angels watching from the heavens, tutting every time a woman tops and the angel in charge of recording sins or whatever just being like "another one bites the dust" omfg

it's ridiculous, do whatever you want love
i only found out now that this is haram i dont understand why everything is haram also i dont always orgasm during vaginal sex but i do with oral and my husband and i enjoy it?? is there any source and can you confirm

Course sis, I do not use the internet for my studies so I would not give you any websites.

However I will refer you to get a book by the name of a gift for a beloved women. It explains all in there InshaAllah.

Sis in regards to the video, I would not take any advice from Dawah man, he is stating points from a salafi perspective now am not saying that is wrong, he is not a scholar therefore its not authentic as such. hence your confusion. Please do be cautious on which videos you watch as you can be misguided quite easily sis.
(edited 6 years ago)
im a 23 year old muslim female whos married and ive read that during sex with your husband the woman cant be on top of the man because its emasculating and only the man should do it
im kind of fed up because its seems like everything is either haram or frowned upon
another source confirming this is a video: 6:16-9:20

he describes it as vulgar and bad whats wrong with my husband asking me to do that im so confused???

I am a gay 20 year old muslim who has had gay sex before...I loved it!!!
Course sis, I do not use the internet for my studies so I would not give you any websites.

However I will refer you to get a book by the name of a gift for a beloved women. It explains all in there InshaAllah.

why is it haram? it hurts without oral sex and i thought everything was halal besides anal sex?
Talk to your husband and discuss this, if you think being on top wont encourage masculinity then you can do it, or you can only do it every so often.
I'm a muslim and I don't follow this... sounds like you are very strict!!
did you watch that video i posted with the timing?? it says it emasculates the man this is untrue so im confused but thanks

oral sex is haram though? it hurts without it and i only really orgasm when my husband does oral

This is getting absurd now. Why would the creator of the universe care how you have sex? Is he perverted enough to be spying on everyone having sex? Why would God do that? It’s extremely creepy and strange and how does it affect him how you have sex?

You and your partner should enjoy sex in whichever ways you’re comfortable with and you shouldn’t let some silly rules stop you from making each other sexually happy. Do you really want your sex to be extremely restricted and dull because of what some rules say?

Latest

Trending

Trending