The Student Room Group

What careers do you guys want?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kallisto
But I am still insecure. To make a decision which would have consequences to my surrounding and the people I feel connected to is so frightening to myself.

If you want something, go for it. No ifs, no buts, just go ahead and do it.
Original post by Princepieman
Probably finance/consulting or tech then evaluate a transition to something else (staying, buyside, corporate, entrepreneurship etc) when the time comes. Maybe or maybe not do an MBA.

End goal is to be a partner/MD in finance/consulting or a senior executive (either founding/co-founding or working for one). Worst case - junior exec (i.e. junior VP or general manager).

Or I could just sod it all and stick to being a software engineer or 'get gud kid' and pursue quant finance. We shall see.

I would love to transition into being a philanthropist after my career (and maybe even an ambassador or a high level policy adviser).

Posted from TSR Mobile

You sound very organised. I would love to be a philanthropist but then again I have many aspirations regarding my future career including writing, work for the UN, campaigning, charity work and philanthropy, with a bit of travel along the way 😄
Hi I used to want to be a chef and do catering but now I want to be a travel agent and I’m looking into doing travel and tourism next year.
Original post by Other_Owl
A career where I'm financially secure, one I like and to AVOID retiring at 78.

Sensible idea about financial security, anything you're passipnate about in particular?Also, should retirement be a goal? Personally, I don't want to retire until I have to, though that is obviously subject to fluctuation and change.
I have no idea.

The plan is to stay in education for as long as possible, so I don't have to decide.
Original post by Durham Jaide
Hi I used to want to be a chef and do catering but now I want to be a travel agent and I’m looking into doing travel and tourism next year.

What changed your mind? Either career sounds good in their own right.
I wanna be a software engineer
Original post by Notoriety
I have no idea.

The plan is to stay in education for as long as possible, so I don't have to decide.

Any idea what you enjoy/ are good at?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Ryanthom100

Software engineering, wow. I'm guessing you're good at numbers and fairly scientific then?

Software engineering, wow. I'm guessing you're good with numbers and fairly scientific then?
Original post by Purplemonkeys
Software engineering, wow. I'm guessing you're good with numbers and fairly scientific then?

I dunno lol, at the moment i'm just trying to sort my life and mind out till university tbh. Sorry for the dead response but its the truth lmao
I dunno lol, at the moment i'm just trying to sort my life and mind out till university tbh. Sorry for the dead response but its the truth lmao

Well maybe you should keep your options open if you don't have anything in mind as a career?
Original post by Tinizel
Not with that attitude! You wanna do something, make moves and go do it! I believe in you 😁

Aww I'm sure it will as long as you believe in yourself. You can do it! 😀

Thanks guys that's very kind! I'm going to try my best :h:
Well maybe you should keep your options open if you don't have anything in mind as a career?

I know I deep down wanna be a software engineer but I am facing obstacles in life at the moment that I have to deal with first.
Original post by Changing Skies
Thanks guys that's very kind! I'm going to try my best :h:

Good luck, I'm sure you'll make a brilliant zookeeper!
I know I deep down wanna be a software engineer but I am facing obstacles in life at the moment that I have to deal with first.

Oh, good luck. I hope you get through this. I believe in you!😀
Oh, good luck. I hope you get through this. I believe in you!😀

Haha thanks for wishing me luck I appreciate it :smile:
Wasabi farmer? I didn't know that was even a job. That's so cool!

I'm not entirely sure it's a job either haha - long term goal!
What changed your mind? Either career sounds good in their own right.

I can’t manage physical work
I'd love to go into medical research especially into viruses and bacteria! They're just so fascinating that they're so deadly and yet so small. Maybe even be a university lecturer afterwards but that's thinking too far ahead for me right now!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending