The Student Room Group

How old should a teenager be to star dating?

Not for myself necessarily, just wondering what you guys think. Personally I reckon a mature 16 year old can start dating but no earlier. Is that an uptight view? What do you guys think should be a good dating age?
15 or 16 :yep:
Anything before that is a bit silly tbh and any relationships will breaks down pretty quickly (in most circumstances)
Original post by Purplemonkeys
Not for myself necessarily, just wondering what you guys think. Personally I reckon a mature 16 year old can start dating but no earlier. Is that an uptight view? What do you guys think should be a good dating age?

35 is just about acceptable if I were a parent.
16 sounds about right, but I've seen 14 year olds get into serious relationships lol. But to have a serious relationship, I would say 19-22 would be best, you're a lot more mature and older
Yeah, I'd say around 16 but most relationships around that age aren't serious so I wouldn't worry
Reply 5
My nephew has already started and he's not even in secondary school yet

I think I had a gf for like a week when I was in infant school lol

I don't think any age is too young to start [as long as no sex involved]
16 honestly. Anything younger and it won't last anyways. Then again I know a couple who started dating in Year 8 and are still together (Year 13 now)
Original post by bones-mccoy
Yeah, I'd say around 16 but most relationships around that age aren't serious so I wouldn't worry

Yeah, I mean you get people who have had their first kiss in year 4, and people losing their virginity in year 7 which is crazy and silly. At 16 you're mature enough to make a decision about who to date and to not be gullible when it comes to love I think.
Never.
Yeah, I mean you get people who have had their first kiss in year 4, and people losing their virginity in year 7 which is crazy and silly. At 16 you're mature enough to make a decision about who to date and to not be gullible when it comes to love I think.

I agree. I think it's sad there's so much peer pressure on kids to have their first kiss, a relationship or even sex at such a young age.

Well I won;t be alone as I am gay and there are plenty of thirsty young fitsos for me to have sex with!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending