The Student Room Group

Combined pill

I started my combined pill and I’m on day 2 of my free week. I haven’t started my period yet...

Also do I start my second pack when the 7 days runs through? Even if I’m still on?
Most women find their withdrawal bleed - the one that happens because you've stopped taking the hormones - doesn't start instantly on stopping.

Yes. If you leave it longer, you won't be covered against pregnancy.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I started my combined pill and I’m on day 2 of my free week. I haven’t started my period yet...

Also do I start my second pack when the 7 days runs through? Even if I’m still on?

Technically it is withdrawal bleeding. Which means that your body needs to go into withdrawal from the hormones in the pill. For most this takes 3-5 days.

While you are still only starting on the pill, it may be different and you may not even have one. So the general idea is that you take it, have 7 day break and continue taking the pills. Whether you had any bleeding at all or not. And regardless of whether you're in the middle of it or not.

Only time to be worried about is if you have reasons to believe you may be pregnant or went 2 breaks in a row with no bleeding.
Reply 3
thank you, my boyfriend seems to be more worried than I am 😂🙈
Reply 4
thank you, my boyfriend seems to be more worried than I am 😂🙈

Can always take a quick pregnancy test to calm him down. Pound land/world ones work just as fine. Or you can order a multipack of strips online. I have the implant and take a test every once in a while if I'm feeling unusual.
Reply 5
Original post by Devify
Can always take a quick pregnancy test to calm him down. Pound land/world ones work just as fine. Or you can order a multipack of strips online. I have the implant antake a test every once in a while if I'm feeling unusual.

It’s my first month on it so I think it’s just my body getting used to it
Reply 6
It’s my first month on it so I think it’s just my body getting used to it

Most likely. And it can take a while to start, personally when I was on the pill, the last pill I'd take would be Tuesday night and the bleeding would often start Sunday or Monday.
Reply 7
Hi. I have taken 2 packs of my pill back to back. Is it still ok to have a 7 day break or does it have to be a shorter break ?
Reply 8
Original post by Serena76
Hi. I have taken 2 packs of my pill back to back. Is it still ok to have a 7 day break or does it have to be a shorter break ?

You take a 7 day break
Hi I've had sex on day 6 of my break week. Am i still protected?
If you've been taking it properly before your break, yes.

You only need to use another method of contraception if the break is longer than seven days.
Thanks
I have used it properly before the break and have startef the pill.again on day 8

Quick Reply

Latest