The Student Room Group

Am I in the wrong for doing this ?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
they're not replying at all though , even if they seen it

then i see them post something n social media later on so ik they're not dealing with something else

That's rough, but some people are just bad repliers. Or it may be that that person's chilling and doesn't feel like messaging anyone at the moment. i ignore texts all the time not because i hate the person texting but because i'm not really in the mood. i might go on social media, watch silly videos etc. If they're consistently not replying to anything you say then yeah, bit pointless in talking to them but blocking is a bit extreme - just ignore them and move on
Original post by Integer
Do what's best for you.

that's what i'm doing
i sent a text to one of my friends on tuesday , he saw it on tuesday

i haven't got anything back from them

Maybe, talk to someone that is really close to you at school. I'm sorry but maybe he isn't your friend. Maybe, he didn't know what to say.
Original post by grumpykitty
That's rough, but some people are just bad repliers. Or it may be that that person's chilling and doesn't feel like messaging anyone at the moment. i ignore texts all the time not because i hate the person texting but because i'm not really in the mood. i might go on social media, watch silly videos etc. If they're consistently not replying to anything you say then yeah, bit pointless in talking to them but blocking is a bit extreme - just ignore them and move on

yeh you're right , i if i block them all my problems would vanish

but how come people never get back to you like the next day or something
Original post by neluxsan
Maybe, talk to someone that is really close to you at school. I'm sorry but maybe he isn't your friend. Maybe, he didn't know what to say.

all i asked him was if he was free to talk firstly
If he is a close friend, maybe get to the point straight away (as some boys immaturely may think asking this is "wet"/"moist" or some may think that this may be "gay"(I know its 2018, but still))

But don't get straight to the point with a person you are not close with, as they may easily expose you and make fun of you..
yeh you're right , i if i block them all my problems would vanish

but how come people never get back to you like the next day or something

Dunno. They might be busy, they might not want to reply at the moment... there's a variety of factors. In an ideal world we would all reply to each other instantly but as it is people sometimes reply late. Provided you aren't texting people bomb threats it's probably not your fault. It's also possible the people that are taking very long to reply are not people you should spend a lot of time worrying about
I don't think you are doing wrong. Most people when they get older have just a few good friends. And it can take a long time to figure out who is good for you. I had to cut out my best friend at Xmas... It turned out they were bringing me down, insanely negative and I had got used to it and didn't see it anymore,. It reached tipping point, and afterwards I felt free, it was hard at first to feel a bit alone, but 3 months later I have found some fantastic new friends
If he is a close friend, maybe get to the point straight away (as some boys immaturely may think asking this is "wet"/"moist" or some may think that this may be "gay"(I know its 2018, but still))

But don't get straight to the point with a person you are not close with, as they may easily expose you and make fun of you..

yeh that's a good point , but i was afraid i pour my heart out to him in one message then he woudn't reply and it would make me feel worse
yeh that's a good point , but i was afraid i pour my heart out to him in one message then he woudn't reply and it would make me feel worse

Don't write everything one message, try mention just one point....
Original post by grumpykitty
Dunno. They might be busy, they might not want to reply at the moment... there's a variety of factors. In an ideal world we would all reply to each other instantly but as it is people sometimes reply late. Provided you aren't texting people bomb threats it's probably not your fault. It's also possible the people that are taking very long to reply are not people you should spend a lot of time worrying about

yeh probably
Original post by Anonboredstudent
I don't think you are doing wrong. Most people when they get older have just a few good friends. And it can take a long time to figure out who is good for you. I had to cut out my best friend at Xmas... It turned out they were bringing me down, insanely negative and I had got used to it and didn't see it anymore,. It reached tipping point, and afterwards I felt free, it was hard at first to feel a bit alone, but 3 months later I have found some fantastic new friends

that's great :smile:
Don't write everything one message, try mention just one point....

yeh ok then , thank you :smile:
np :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending