The Student Room Group

Get ready for WW3 plebs

>>people from a certain area of the world have come to the UK and killed more than a hundred innocent civilians, infiltrated our schools and local government.

>>merely banning said people from the country is inhumane and utterly unjust

Meanwhile in clown world

>>1 Russian defector gets murdered in murky circumstances
>> let’s kick every Russian out and start world war 3!

Scroll to see replies

It appears in clown world they only have the ability to address one issue at a time.
Original post by Davij038
>>people from a certain area of the world have come to the UK and killed more than a hundred innocent civilians, infiltrated our schools and local government.

Meanwhile in clown world

You must be closer to Corbyn than May on the issue of Russia!
Over the last few years exactly now many times have you predicted WWIII was about to start again?
Surely there is a subtle difference between someone you say has killed 100+ people (presumably with a gun that they no longer have in this country?) and someone alleged to have been killed by a state that has several armies, some of the most advanced military equipment and nuclear missiles?
Reply 5
Original post by Jammy Duel
Over the last few years exactly now many times have you predicted WWIII was about to start again?

I don’t think I’ve ever predicted world war 3. I have made a habit of predicting general elections and being utterly wrong about brexit. Though I did predict Trump...

Not predicting world war 3, but I do sense amongst the more rabid liberals and neocons a desire to escalate tensions with Russia
Reply 6
Original post by DeBruyne18
You must be closer to Corbyn than May on the issue of Russia!

Possibly. And on intervention more generally.

But for different reasons. He’s a pacifist as far as the UKs concerned. I’m a realist. I’m all for killing bad guys, but only if we benefit from it otherwise leave them to it.
Reply 7
Original post by 999tigger
It appears in clown world they only have the ability to address one issue at a time.

That’s because they don’t think one is an issue and blow the other out of all proportion
Original post by 999tigger

It is a predictable response by hard leftists and Trumpians that whenever someone floats the idea that maybe we shouldn't just lie down and let Russia rape us geopolitically, that we are warmongers who are going to provoke "World War 3".

Of course, the only scenario where that happens is where an insane Russian regime decides to launch nuclear missiles at the West because we stood up to them and imposed pressure and sanctions in response to their lawless acts.

I personally don't find that plausible. Russia is not suicidal. They will not launch a nuclear war against us as a response to sanctions.

But this is all part of a pattern of propaganda crying "Red Baiters" and "Warmongers" to anyone who suggests Russia should be treated reciprocally and we should respond in proportion to Russia's acts of aggression. The moment someone starts pushing that line they cease to have the right to be considered a serious, intelligent interlocutor.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by AlexanderHam
It is a predictable response by hard leftists and Trumpians that whenever someone floats the idea that maybe we shouldn't just lie down and let Russia rape us geopolitically, that we are warmongers who are going to provoke "World War 3".

How is this poisoning raping us geo-politically?

Also- incidentally - I think the Iraq war benefitted Iraq and that Tony Blair is not a war criminal (although he is many other things)

Of course, the only scenario where that happens is where an insane Russiab regime decides to launch nuclear missiles at the West because we stood up to them and imposed pressure and sanctions in response to their lawless acts.

I personally don't find that plausible. Russia is not suicidal. They will not launch a nuclear war against us as a response to sanctions.

Sanctions no, an all out war or attempted coup then possibly- and this is what some people would very much like us to do.

But this is all part of a pattern of propaganda crying "Red Baiters" and "Warmongers" to anyone who suggests Russia should be treated reciprocally and we should respond in proportion to Russia's acts of aggression. The moment someone starts pushing that line they cease to have the right to be considered a serious, intelligent interlocutor.

Sure, but for the moment we do not know for certain that it is even them. And you don’t need to be a conspiracy theorist to know that we have often gotten the facts wrong in such cases.

You are also guilty of mischaracterising those who are hesitant in condemning Russia as Trumpisns or Hard-leftist when there are people who are neither sceptical also
Possibly. And on intervention more generally.

But for different reasons. He’s a pacifist as far as the UKs concerned. I’m a realist. I’m all for killing bad guys, but only if we benefit from it otherwise leave them to it.

I'm not sure what to think on the issue but I really don't like this whole media group think on the issue. The idea that you have to have a certain opinion and if you don't then you must be a Britain hating traitor.

When all the media agree on something from the Guardian to the Telegraph to the Sun, it's a good indicator that they are wrong. Is it really that outrageous to suggest that we get confirmation that Russia was indeed behind the attack before we start issuing threats?
(edited 6 years ago)

!

They were certainly not 'murky circumstances' and the worst thing about it is that they used a nerve agent to kill him, not poison or a bullet, but something that could and did harm innocents. They showed no regard for any innocent lives
Reply 12

Meanwhile in clown world

Word War 3... what? What...? We are further from World War 3 than you are from an Oxford degree.
Reply 13
Original post by Ibrahana
They were certainly not 'murky circumstances' and the worst thing about it is that they used a nerve agent to kill him, not poison or a bullet, but something that could and did harm innocents. They showed no regard for any innocent lives

Ok, is Russia really the only possible country that could do that and do we have e absoloute prof it was them?
I like the title. Nothing else though.
Reply 15
Original post by Jjj90
Word War 3... what? What...? We are further from World War 3 than you are from an Oxford degree.

Meh. I got my degree from Kent uni. I’m pretty happy with it.

As said above- not predicting world war 3 but some establishment people would very much like to start a war with Russia.
Reply 16
Meh. I got my degree from Kent uni. I’m pretty happy with it.

As said above- not predicting world war 3 but some establishment people would very much like to start a war with Russia.

Who? And what do you mean by "establishment people"? That sounds like a sort of vague Trumpist doesn't-actually-mean-anything-but-gets-the-thick-folk-to-vote-for-me type of argument.
Reply 17
Original post by Jjj90
Who? And what do you mean by "establishment people"? That sounds like a sort of vague Trumpist doesn't-actually-mean-anything-but-gets-the-thick-folk-to-vote-for-me type of argument.

The people who have almost continuously voted for such engagements- politicians, academics and journalists and includes liberals and Neocons from Hilary Clinton to Bill Kristol in the US or IDS to today’s Guardian editorial
Ok, is Russia really the only possible country that could do that and do we have e absoloute prof it was them?

Well ofcourse Russia isnt the only country who can do that, but who else would kill a Russian double agent nor is this the first time they have assassinated one of their former spies in Britain.
Take a look at this video http://www.independent.co.uk/video/News/sergei-skripal-russian-state-tv-anchor-kirill-kleimenov-rare-traitors-live-old-age-a8246666.html
I doubt this was a coincidence

Notice how Macron has basically backed what Corbyn said. That we need to wait for the evidence before rushing into anything. Wonder how all those centrist will react given their hero has said something they pretty much accused Corbyn of being a traitor for saying!
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending