The Student Room Group

Should I break up with him?

So long story short, I’ve been with a guy for about 8 months now, but have known him for years

Recently I just feel like there’s no...spark. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE spending time with him and enjoy his company so much and feel really comfortable with him, but the butterflies and sexual chemistry isn’t there

Is this a sign that I should end it or is this normal?
Original post by Anonymous
So long story short, I’ve been with a guy for about 8 months now, but have known him for years

Recently I just feel like there’s no...spark. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE spending time with him and enjoy his company so much and feel really comfortable with him, but the butterflies and sexual chemistry isn’t there

Shouldnt always be butterflies, but sounds like its run its course. Talk to him. he should have noticed. Presumably you dont want to finish n bad terms but id still suggest a clean break from a decent amount f time. Exams have priority at the moment.
Reply 2
Been with my boyfriend for almost a year and it definitely does happen where sometimes it feels like exactly what you said “no spark” make sure talk to him about it to see where he is at, but if it’s anything like my situation it will get better
It’s been a year and 3 months with my boyfriend and I usually feel this when I’m about to come on my period... I’ll be all types of ways and will go totally psychoooooo & want to end the relationship. Just like yourself, around 8 months in I felt like there was nothing there and initially I didn’t picture myself to want to be with a guy like him. But I thought long and hard before I made any rash decision. Don’t let the good guys slip away, question everythinggggggg, is he ambitious? Does he know what he wants in life? Does he make you happy? Does he make you laugh? What are his family like? Do you see a future with him? You need to grow to love him to go crazy about him but it really does take time. I didn’t say I love you till about 9 months in... Also the butterflies, this shouldn’t determine whether you’re compatible or whether you should be together or not, total rubbish! Maybe give it some time or take a break and see whether your feelings change towards him.

Goodluck Hun xxx
Reply 4
Original post by ChocoRaisans
It’s been a year and 3 months with my boyfriend and I usually feel this when I’m about to come on my period... I’ll be all types of ways and will go totally psychoooooo & want to end the relationship. Just like yourself, around 8 months in I felt like there was nothing there and initially I didn’t picture myself to want to be with a guy like him. But I thought long and hard before I made any rash decision. Don’t let the good guys slip away, question everythinggggggg, is he ambitious? Does he know what he wants in life? Does he make you happy? Does he make you laugh? What are his family like? Do you see a future with him? You need to grow to love him to go crazy about him but it really does take time. I didn’t say I love you till about 9 months in... Also the butterflies, this shouldn’t determine whether you’re compatible or whether you should be together or not, total rubbish! Maybe give it some time or take a break and see whether your feelings change towards him.

Goodluck Hun xxx

Thanks so much xxx
I would end it when the disinterest develops into a kind of..repulsion. I dated someone but I never really clicked with them, and then I almost ended up hating spending time with them because deep down I knew I wasn’t feeling it, you know? But I’m sure you’re alright :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous

Butterflies won't always be there even in a really good relationship. It may be that you're out of the "honeymoon period" or just that this is a more comfortable relationship than exciting. That's totally fine.
If you feel like it's not though that's a different matter. Maybe you've drifted apart a bit, maybe you're not the right people for a comfortable relationship, maybe it's the wrong timing, maybe you're more friends than a couple or whatever.

It all depends on you and how you feel. If you feel like things aren't quite right you could have a talk to him. Maybe things would be better if you change them up a bit. Maybe it would be better if you stay just friends or move onto other people. You can have that talk and see what's the right thing for you guys.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending