The Student Room Group

Here’s My Advice For Guys to Be successful With Women!

So many guys on here are looking for advice on how to get a girlfriend or how to get a hookup with a girl in a bar/club scenario, so here is my advice. If you have any differing opinions please feel free to comment below:

When looking for a long term girlfriend:

1) Pursue your interests: there is absolutely no point in having a relationship with someone you have nothing in common with in terms of interests; follow your passions and you are more likely to meet a girl along the way who shares the same hobbies/interests as you

2) Don’t force trying to find a relationship: don’t go around ‘hunting’ for women and showing desperation towards them. That is a massive turn off for women and relationships should be about a long term commitment anyway so being desperate implies that you are not ready for the commitment of a long term relationship. In my opinion you should only be in a proper ‘relationship’ if you are committed to one another till your deathbeds, otherwise you simply aren’t ready for a relationship.

3) try to avoid dating sites: I know some people have ended up with long term relationships off dating sites and apps but this really isn’t the norm and you cannot judge a person’s true character and personality via non verbal communication

4) practice communication skills with girls: try to get used to talking to girls on a daily basis, at school, university, work etc. Try to make female friends through your hobbies and your occupations.

5) if you are becoming close to a girl then have a face to face chat to agree that you both want to make this work as a relationship

To get a hookup in a bar/club:

1) Don’t go with the intention of pulling a girl - go with the intention of having fun, having some drinks etc

2) If you’re on the dance floor do occasionally have a glance around. If you catch a girl’s eye then make strong eye contact and smile, turn away for a few seconds then look back in that direction - if she’s looking at you still and smiling then approach and talk to her (even if she doesn’t like you sexually - you have to take a gamble)

3) if you see a girl you like and you’re feeling confident, try to gauge if she has a boyfriend there with her, then just go up to her and give her a straight up compliment about her physical appearance with a confident smile and strong eye contact - if she likes it then she’s interested, otherwise that’s fine act like you don’t care. Continue with your night!

4) when communicating with a girl at a bar/club ask her a cheeky/playfully arrogant question about yourself/your appearance to ensure you have some sort of approval from her. Touch her gently every now and then to make her feel comfortable and warm to you.

5) if she starts voluntarily touching you and she holds strong eye contact and is always smiling at you and leaning closer towards you - go for the kiss!

Hope you liked my tips and I hope they work for you!
Reply 1
I think point 2 when looking for a long-term relationship is the most important and a lot of people forget that.
You forgot the most important part of tryna smash. Hold the door open for any fair maiden and after that if they dont let you smang then she's a thot.
So successful you had to post anon.
Reply 4
Original post by Trinculo
So successful you had to post anon.

It is successful! My advice has helped guys world wide get into relationships and improve their dating!
Absolutely nothing wrong with apps and dating sites. They're the new way of meeting people in a world that does everything online.

"Don’t go with the intention of pulling a girl - go with the intention of having fun, having some drinks etc" - disagree. If I think "I fancy going on the pull and going home with a little hottie" then that's exactly what I've done, with every intention of finding someone. Pulling girls is a game, and you need your head in it. If you just go out like "I'm gonna go out with my mates, drink, hopefully I end up talking to or dancing with someone but who knows" - never gonna happen.

"if you see a girl you like and you’re feeling confident, try to gauge if she has a boyfriend there with her, then just go up to her and give her a straight up compliment about her physical appearance with a confident smile and strong eye contact" - again, disagree. Every fool who tries approaching a girl and fails, started by going straight up and paying her compliments. Save the compliments for later when you're going in for the kill. Initially, just go up, make an excuse to talk to them ("my mates were boring me, so I walked off to mingle" always worked for me) and just chat to them, have a laugh and stuff. Your job at this point is to make them think "yeah, this guy is alright, not a creep or weirdo" so when you make your move, she already likes you and it's easier.

"when communicating with a girl at a bar/club ask her a cheeky/playfully arrogant question about yourself/your appearance to ensure you have some sort of approval from her." - if she has any sort of banter, she'll probably insult you (albeit playfully) if you do this. If she's a total airhead then she might just give you her approval like a teenage girl with a crush, but most likely not, most girls don't like to come across as easy or give away their attraction to you to soon.

Some decent advice in there, but as above, some I wholeheartedly disagree with.
Reply 6
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
Absolutely nothing wrong with apps and dating sites. They're the new way of meeting people in a world that does everything online.

"Don’t go with the intention of pulling a girl - go with the intention of having fun, having some drinks etc" - disagree. If I think "I fancy going on the pull and going home with a little hottie" then that's exactly what I've done, with every intention of finding someone. Pulling girls is a game, and you need your head in it. If you just go out like "I'm gonna go out with my mates, drink, hopefully I end up talking to or dancing with someone but who knows" - never gonna happen.

"if you see a girl you like and you’re feeling confident, try to gauge if she has a boyfriend there with her, then just go up to her and give her a straight up compliment about her physical appearance with a confident smile and strong eye contact" - again, disagree. Every fool who tries approaching a girl and fails, started by going straight up and paying her compliments. Save the compliments for later when you're going in for the kill. Initially, just go up, make an excuse to talk to them ("my mates were boring me, so I walked off to mingle" always worked for me) and just chat to them, have a laugh and stuff. Your job at this point is to make them think "yeah, this guy is alright, not a creep or weirdo" so when you make your move, she already likes you and it's easier.

"when communicating with a girl at a bar/club ask her a cheeky/playfully arrogant question about yourself/your appearance to ensure you have some sort of approval from her." - if she has any sort of banter, she'll probably insult you (albeit playfully) if you do this. If she's a total airhead then she might just give you her approval like a teenage girl with a crush, but most likely not, most girls don't like to come across as easy or give away their attraction to you to soon.

Some decent advice in there, but as above, some I wholeheartedly disagree with.

How many times have you successfully pulled if you don’t mind saying?

What is your success ratio when you intend to go out on the pull?

Perhaps you’re a very good looking handsome guy, maybe that’s why you are able to start friendly conversations with girls and escalate as opposed to commencing with compliments?
Original post by Anonymous
How many times have you successfully pulled if you don’t mind saying?

What is your success ratio when you intend to go out on the pull?

Perhaps you’re a very good looking handsome guy, maybe that’s why you are able to start friendly conversations with girls and escalate as opposed to commencing with compliments?

I'd say my success rate was about 50-75%, over the space of about 4 years of regular clubbing I pulled somewhere between 50-100 girls. Sounds a lot and people think I'm full of crap when I say that, but when you consider I went on the pull probably 150+ times in that 4 year period... the more you try, the more you succeed :top:

I'm a good looking lad, not stunningly gorgeous I don't think (though some have told me I am, but personal taste and all that) but if anything, that would have made the compliments approach more suitable for me. Approaching a girl as an average or ugly bloke and laying on the compliments is guaranteed creepy vibes. If you're punching, last thing you want is to inflate her ego and make her think she's too good for you.
Going out to "have fun" is ********. You're just lying to yourself, every guy who says this is lying to themselves simple as that, unless they have a girlfriend. You'd go to a club that's 100% men? Flirting with women is the main attraction. The music, drinking, flashing lights etc. are just bonuses that make everything more fun (I wouldn't enjoy hitting on randoms during the day I don't think). But it's a prerequisite that there's got to be decent birds to hit on.

You don't need to ask for approval... If you want to know if she likes you hold eye contact and put your hand on her. It will be extremely obvious quickly. In almost all nightlife situations you can put your hand on someone's arm or shoulder while talking without it being awkward or creepy. Forget "gentle touches" they're cuck, put your hand on her and just leave it there and keep talking like nothing's happening. If she's interested and it's a nightclub/bar she'll be comfortable with it except in certain circumstances where you can feel it'd be awkward to do.

When you want to make out, while talking if she's clearly okay with you touching her, just move your hand to her face or neck area instead of her arm after a suitable period of time (usually like 1 minute or so). You don't have to wait for her to touch you. Then stuff just happens from there.

If anyone makes eye contact and smiles at you, especially more than once, I don't think you even have to think "even if they're not sexually attracted to you", it's very close to 100% guarantee. I wouldn't even wait for the second look because you have nothing to lose. I just go up to randoms even if they haven't looked at me I don't really care. And would never mention their physical appearance, there's just no point in doing it as far as I can see. It's a bit cringe.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending