The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Postgraduate applicants University of Glasgow 2018/2019

Hey everybody! I couldn't find an active thread for PG applicants to Glasgow University 2018/2019 so I created this one! Let's all share information on the programs we applied, the offers we got, accomodation plans etc.

I'll start, I got a conditional offer from the Brain Sciences MSc starting in September 2018!!

WBU?

Scroll to see replies

Sounds great,

I applied for Msc Data Science, September 2018, and got an unconditional offer, subject to deposit, so thinking about making it my firm choice.
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Nkjayhawk
Sounds great,

I applied for Msc Data Science, September 2018, and got an unconditional offer, subject to deposit, so thinking about making it my firm choice.

that's great Nkjayhawk, congratulations!! :smile:
how long did it take to make you an offer?
Original post by vaskou
that's great Nkjayhawk, congratulations!! :smile:
how long did it take to make you an offer?

It all happened extremely fast, I applied this week on Sunday and got the acceptance on Tuesday. I was shocked tbh

How about you?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Nkjayhawk
It all happened extremely fast, I applied this week on Sunday and got the acceptance on Tuesday. I was shocked tbh

How about you?

really? I got an offer the next day of my application! they seem extremely fast!!
Reply 5
Hi,

Congratulations to all of you!

I recently received an unconditional offer for Msc Computer Science 2018-19 (Applied on 11 April and got the offer on 12th).

I have accepted the offer and currently looking forward to paying the deposit.

Apart from UoG, In Uk, I applied at Birmingham, Liverpool, Bristol, Edinburg, and Sheffield.
Hey everyone,

Congratulations on your offers.

I'm just posting here to let you all know about Bridge House - a 128 bed student accommodation building in the West End of Glasgow managed by Fresh Student Living.

We're very popular with postgraduate students due to being a bit smaller and quieter but with all the same amenities you can expect: all inclusive bills, a gym, lots of study and social space and on-site staff.

Have a wee look at our website for more information: http://freshstudentliving.co.uk/property/bridge-house/.

Thanks,

Lilith
Hi everyone, I am currently a Btech student studying Jewellery in South Africa. I'm interested in doing postgrad at Glasgow. Can somebidy please information related to studying Jewellery.Thank you Lumka
Reply 8
Hi! Congrats to all who got their offers!

I checked the applicant self service and it looks like I was admitted for the Art History MLitt! I haven't received my offer by email and I'm starting to worry. I'm going to give them a call in a few hours. Anyone else in the same situation?
hey everyone!! Congratulations on your offers. I too received an unconditional offer for masters in medical genetics and genomics for September 2018-19 entry.
Hi everyone! I got an unconditional acceptance for MRes Economics starting this year! Anyone else from the same course?
Got conditional offer for msc int financial analysis. anyone probably taking same course with me?
I just applied for the MA educational studies program. About how long has it taken for others to receive a decision ? Sheffield gave an answer after a week but I’ve been waiting for King’s College for about two months now..
Reply 13
Hey guys, anyone would like to share their backgrounds and how they prepared the needed documents to apply? Especially the personal statement. Thanks
Accepted the unconditional offer to start software development in September. Still waiting on SAAS and SLC to confirm my finances though! Nail-biting!

Does anyone know if or when they'll be in touch again regarding start terms/inductions/onboarding etc..?

I cannot wait to give notice to my current employer!
Original post by melon-baller
Accepted the unconditional offer to start software development in September. Still waiting on SAAS and SLC to confirm my finances though! Nail-biting!

Does anyone know if or when they'll be in touch again regarding start terms/inductions/onboarding etc..?

Hey congrats on your offer! I’m not too sure about your questions but I was thinking it would be around August since that’s when enrolement takes place.

Just wanted to ask how long it took for them to get back to you about your offer?
Original post by lovecupcakes
Hey congrats on your offer! I’m not too sure about your questions but I was thinking it would be around August since that’s when enrolement takes place.

Thanks! I've just checked the acceptance email and it said 10th of September as the start date.. I assume there will be administrative stuff before it.

Just wanted to ask how long it took for them to get back to you about your offer?

I applied on the 22nd of May and got my acceptance email on the 24th May. A quick response seems to be the norm.
Thanks! I've just checked the acceptance email and it said 10th of September as the start date.. I assume there will be administrative stuff before it.

I applied on the 22nd of May and got my acceptance email on the 24th May. A quick response seems to be the norm.

Yeah if it is like undergraduate then enrolement will probably take place in August and a week before the first week semester of starting we should get an introduction lecture. But then again it might be different between undergrad and postgrad.

Also there’s academic induction for more info but dates aren’t fully finalised yet till later so you may want to keep an eye out on https://www.gla.ac.uk/myglasgow/students/new/induction/ or presumably they would email you the date :smile:!
Hello everyone! I got a conditional offer (but I'll have my final grades very soon...) for MSc in Food Security :smile: I'm pretty sure we'll be a small number of people studying it but I am very excited about it.

I booked a studio at Woodside House near the uni :smile:
Reply 19

Hey! I'll be doing the same course. Apparently we don't get information until about a month before the start of the course, so I'm not expecting any more info anytime soon.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending