The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Parking

Hey Guys,
Hope you're well!

It's probably a question you get asked a lot, but do you know where there is parking near to the Brooks Building?
I'm not familiar with that side of Manchester as I come from Saddleworth, and it's quite a walk from the Northern Quarter! I wondered if there were any cheap / free parking areas closer by? I don't want to use an NCP or similar as they're usually very expensive.

Your help is appreciated!

Thanks
Stevie :biggrin:
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:

Why do I this?

Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Original post by StevieAlice
Hey Guys,
Hope you're well!

It's probably a question you get asked a lot, but do you know where there is parking near to the Brooks Building?
I'm not familiar with that side of Manchester as I come from Saddleworth, and it's quite a walk from the Northern Quarter! I wondered if there were any cheap / free parking areas closer by? I don't want to use an NCP or similar as they're usually very expensive.

Thanks

Hi Stevie,

Unfortunately the majority of free/cheap on-street parking around the campus is limited to 2 hours, so you wouldn't be able to park you car on the street all day.

I would recommend having a look on Parkopedia - They give the prices for the car parks nearby.

I would recommend using either The University of Manchester Booth Street West car park, which is £5 for 6 hours and £8 for 10 hours, or Great Jackson Street Car Park, which is £5 for 12 hours.

Rebecca
Original post by StevieAlice
Hey Guys,
Hope you're well!

Thanks

Hey there,

I'm a second year studying Psychology at MMU and just like yourself need parking near Brooks.

I tend to use the Phoenix way/Archway parking. If you literally type in Archway into Google maps it will take you there.

The downside to this is that it's not free and is around £4 for 4 hours.

I have some friends that use the Manchester Aquatics centre for parking and if I'm not mistaken it is around £10 for the whole day.

Unfortunately, like any major city, Parking is rare and often comes at a premium. If you look around the surounding area, there is some free parking literally just outside the student flats (Righton I think) but that is around two hours and I am not too sure weather that parking is patrolled as much as the one I mentioned above.

If you can, I would honestly say take Public transport. It is way cheaper in the lonng run. Yeah you may have a packed train but you won't have to sit through the very busy inner city congestion and traffic.

I hope this helps.
I’m also from Oldham, it will work out cheaper for you to get a 180 or 184 to Manchester and then get a bus to Brooks building, it takes longer but parking cost me about £5 a day previously.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending