The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Exams421
@bspercy How are you making so much so fast!? Is it all thanks to multiple sets of accounts?

The bigger bankroll you have and more proficient you are finding the offers, the quicker you can turn over profit.
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
What guy :lol: I've watched many MB videos by different uploaders :wink:

Oh just some guy who said the same thing you said about rounding your stake etc. Dutching though is the quickest way to get restricted, since they’re only on obscure matches and for example if you’re betting on the japenese league when youre british on your first bet, it’s a 90% of getting gubbed. Although, there are price boosts that can be laid for less (don’t know if this counts as dutching), but depending on how much youre looking to make from MB, i’d say it’s not really a time-efficient way of making money. Also most of these dutching opportunity are found on shît bookies and don’t really trust those bookies with any amount of money
Original post by bspercy
The bigger bankroll you have and more proficient you are finding the offers, the quicker you can turn over profit.

Where are you finding these offers though if you don't mind me asking?
I made £3-4k between January and May, I still have a reasonable bankroll but I can't find many offers to use and the ones I can are all worth <£20 profit each.
(I have only 1 set of accounts [with every bookmaker out there including many most MBers haven't heard, not gubbed anywhere that matters] and I got a friend to do 1 SUB but they wouldn't do any more for some reason).
Original post by Exams421
Where are you finding these offers though if you don't mind me asking?
I made £3-4k between January and May, I still have a reasonable bankroll but I can't find many offers to use and the ones I can are all worth <£20 profit each.
(I have only 1 set of accounts [with every bookmaker out there including many most MBers haven't heard, not gubbed anywhere that matters] and I got a friend to do 1 SUB but they wouldn't do any more for some reason).

Today i’ve made just £70 though my aim was £200 but dont have money to deposit with. I find the offers on different forums though most of the offers are horse racing related. Its just about scouting for various offers across bookies.
Original post by bspercy
Oh just some guy who said the same thing you said about rounding your stake etc. Dutching though is the quickest way to get restricted, since they’re only on obscure matches and for example if you’re betting on the japenese league when youre british on your first bet, it’s a 90% of getting gubbed. Although, there are price boosts that can be laid for less (don’t know if this counts as dutching), but depending on how much youre looking to make from MB, i’d say it’s not really a time-efficient way of making money. Also most of these dutching opportunity are found on shît bookies and don’t really trust those bookies with any amount of money

Rounding your stake is just standard advice that I've seen in several videos and articles, hence why the round button on Oddsmonkey exists I imagine :lol:

I wouldn't say that it's the quickest way to get restricted in the slightest. I've never heard of anyone getting restricted from dutching. Sure, if you make weird bets like you said, then it'll likely get flagged up... so don't make weird bets on obscure leagues!
In fact, I don't like the idea of dutching on football at all, the odds change too often as well as there being lots of obscure leagues, whereas, if you dutch on tennis for example, it's mostly a few major federations running tournaments around the world and there's much fewer obscure leagues on the go. It's also incredibly time-efficient, you can make £30+ from a single dutch if you use £1000 total stake, risk free. That's £30+ from 5 minutes work. Hardly time-inefficient.

I've already done a fair bit of dutching using £500 total stake but I'm thinking of doing it more regularly and with twice the bankroll, as I said it's just so much simpler and less effort. Can even use it to qualify for offers, essentially killing two birds with one stone.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 245
Original post by bspercy
You’re thinking of this too much, and making it more complicated for yourself. I’m not here to argue man, i wish you luck with this. But i’m here lying down doing jack **** earning £150/day doing essentially nothing while you’re probably working, stressing yourself out for a job which you then get taxed for and then get paid at the end of week/month.

I hate to ruin your party but @HucktheForde is correct, the traders are on the lookout for people taking value. That is entirely irrelevant to whether your bets win or lose at the bookie.

Congratulations on your success so far, but there's no need to come out with **** like you're shouting at Huck, especially on a point you're wrong about.

For reference; here is the volume of bets I'm doing. I assure you I know what I'm talking about with this game..

TSR.jpg
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Reue
I hate to ruin your party but @HucktheForde is correct, the traders are on the lookout for people taking value. That is entirely irrelevant to whether your bets win or lose at the bookie.

Congratulations on your success so far, but there's no need to come out with **** like you're shouting at Huck, especially on a point you're wrong about.

For reference; here is the volume of bets I'm doing. I assure you I know what I'm talking about with this game..

TSR.jpg

You’re winning 75% of your bets on smarkets but your P/L is -£2k? Anyway, thanks for correcting me you’re clear the more knowledgeable. How much did you make since the world cup by the way?
Reply 247
Original post by bspercy
You’re winning 75% of your bets on smarkets but your P/L is -£2k?

Indeed. Exactly why you should never try to lose it into the exchange. 1 high odds horse winning will wipe out any profit you'd built up. Over time and with 0% commission your p/l in the exchange should be 0.Edit: Just checked mine from the past year and its currently +£1000 which is nothing compared to the amount of bets I've placed. Mathematically it should creep down to 0 with more bets.

Original post by bspercy
How much did you make since the world cup by the way?

Still using up a few free bets but gonna be in the region of £4.3k.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Reue
Indeed. Exactly why you should never try to lose it into the exchange. 1 high odds horse winning will wipe out any profit you'd built up. Over time and with 0% commission your p/l in the exchange should be 0.Edit: Just checked mine from the past year and its currently +£1000 which is nothing compared to the amount of bets I've placed. Mathematically it should creep down to 0 with more bets.

Still using up a few free bets but gonna be in the region of £4.3k.

The 0 estimate is very theoretical and that should happen after around 1,000,000 bet iterations
Original post by HucktheForde
When you use a freebet or put a qualifying bet what do you use them on? 3 /3.05 match or 3/ 3.7 match?

Remember, if the bookie is going to offset your liability on betfair, even if they lay your bets at 3 and offset it on betfair at 3 (an even match), it is still a loss for them because they have to pay the comm on betfair, and electric, staff wages and stuff.

oh and

if you have ever have a gubbed account, you will know that its the trading team making that decision because the customer service will be referring you to them.

When I get free bets if they aren't tied to a particular sport I tend to use them on the horse racing markets. Easy to find a 80% SNR+ as you can get very close matches close to the off. A lot of the time anyway. If I do a qualifying bet I'm just going to look for the best match tbh. Odds don't really matter to me.

I am quite confused why you are talking about the bookies laying off bets on the exchange. How does that affect their gubbing decisions?

And yes, I know it's the trading department that makes the decisions... we're discussing what factors they consider, no? I get the gauge that me and percy believe "value" taking is the biggest factor.

Original post by bspercy
You’re thinking of this too much, and making it more complicated for yourself. I’m not here to argue man, i wish you luck with this. But i’m here lying down doing jack **** earning £150/day doing essentially nothing while you’re probably working, stressing yourself out for a job which you then get taxed for and then get paid at the end of week/month.

He is a matched better too so in the same boat as everyone else on this thread, right? Let him enjoy his rant lol. It's a break from looking at the numbers anyway haha.

Original post by bspercy
Well i’ve made £2.5k this month doing MB and this is not my first month doing MB, i have not being gubbed once. Maybe i’m talking too early since my aim is to make £10k by 16 September, so i’ll let you know then if my accounts get gubbed.

That's great and literally just sustain it I guess. Did you not have a Stanjames or unibet or sunbets account? Those are the ones that gubbed me.
Yeah i agree with you on the horse racing thing. Very common to find 8/8 8/8.2 or even 8/7.4 if you’re smart about how the market is behaving. Bookies make their money through value but even pro value bettor don’t actually know the true value of the sport bet that’s why i said how much you’re winning at the bookies can be corelated to your likelihood of getting gubbed. Anyway, i stand with my belief that bookies prefer punters losing on valuable bets more than punters contantly winning on low valuable bets.
Original post by pereira325
When I get free bets if they aren't tied to a particular sport I tend to use them on the horse racing markets. Easy to find a 80% SNR+ as you can get very close matches close to the off. A lot of the time anyway. If I do a qualifying bet I'm just going to look for the best match tbh. Odds don't really matter to me.

I am quite confused why you are talking about the bookies laying off bets on the exchange. How does that affect their gubbing decisions?

And yes, I know it's the trading department that makes the decisions... we're discussing what factors they consider, no? I get the gauge that me and percy believe &quot;value&quot; taking is the biggest factor.

He is a matched better too so in the same boat as everyone else on this thread, right? Let him enjoy his rant lol. It's a break from looking at the numbers anyway haha.

That's great and literally just sustain it I guess. Did you not have a Stanjames or unibet or sunbets account? Those are the ones that gubbed me.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by bspercy
Yeah i agree with you on the horse racing thing. Very common to find 8/8 8/8.2 or even 8/7.4 if you’re smart about how the market is behaving. Bookies make their money through value but even pro value bettor don’t actually know the true value of the sport bet that’s why i said how much you’re winning at the bookies can be corelated to your likelihood of getting gubbed. Anyway, i stand with my belief that bookies prefer punters losing on valuable bets more than punters contantly winning on low valuable bets.

I think PL is important too but the biggest concern to bookies is the sharp punters who are "pros" at betting. They might have a negative PL through genuine bad luck. There is a good correlation between the closing line of odds implied probability (something to read from Pinnacle) and actual probability outcome.
They definitely must consider more than 1 factor but there are a lot of stories I hear about people betting on a horse at a big price, it winning and they get restricted straight after. So I dunno if that's because of PL or getting value!

There is a kinda famous guy in the sports trading world called Cann Berry and he recently asked bet365 to provide him with a breakdown of all his account activity (he was gubbed). Under the new data act in the UK they complied and the note on his account for his account being restricted was "sharp/exchange". So I guess in his case he was taking too much value?
Ok one thing i don't get about this. Do we only match bet to get free bets, or is the point of this all to just match bet (as opposed to normal betting) and use the free bets if the offers come up?
Reply 253
Original post by LilySpiers
Ok one thing i don't get about this. Do we only match bet to get free bets, or is the point of this all to just match bet (as opposed to normal betting) and use the free bets if the offers come up?

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean? If you just place a load of matched bets without any offers attached then your bets will just keep cancelling eachother out and you wont make any profit.
Original post by bspercy
X

How do I make multiple accounts without being banned.

They all say they will ban you if you use more than one account, ...and tbh unless you are using stolen credit cards or something I think they should be able catch on that a person is using multiple accounts
Original post by ANM775

They all say they will ban you if you use more than one account, ...and tbh unless you are using stolen credit cards or something I think they should be able catch on that a person is using multiple accounts

Lol if i have a stolen card, using it on Ladbrokes will be the last thing i’d do. Anyway, i do have more than 1 account with b365, ladbrokes and others you just have to be careful with interlinking
Have made now £3k since the 18 June. I expect my accounts to see restrictions since ive been hitting hard horses events offers
Reply 257
Original post by ANM775

You don't.

What most people do though is help other people to matched bet. So for instance I'd tell you exactly what bets to place and then I'd take a % of your profits as payment.
Successful day on my part made exactly £146.73 extracting around 81% of my £180 free bets.
Original post by ANM775

If you aren’t well versed about how automatic algorithmic systems link online information, then creating multiple accounts will be a stupid idea as the bookies have full rights to your money when you place a bet on their site. I won’t say how i’m able to do so but just stick to fundamental match betting should make £500/month

Latest

Trending

Trending