The Student Room Group

Having sex someone else

Should I tell a guy I’ve been talking to for months I’ve had sex with someone else.
Reply 1
You don't have to tell him and he doesn't have to know, you're not together.
Reply 2
Original post by UWS

I bet if you were really keen on a girl and was in the "talking" stage .. you would want to know if she was f***ing somebody else..
Reply 3
Original post by ANM775
I bet if you were really keen on a girl and was in the "talking" .. you would want to know if she was f***ing somebody else..

Either way, nothing I can do about that. If it's a deal-breaker for people then that's up to them.
Reply 4
Original post by ANM775
I bet if you were really keen on a girl and was in the "talking" stage .. you would want to know if she was f***ing somebody else..

Wanting to know and needing to know are two different things.

And OP didn't say she was sleeping with someone, just that they had slept with someone.
Reply 5
Original post by Drewski
Wanting to know and needing to know are two different things.

And OP didn't say she was sleeping with someone, just that they had slept with someone.

If I am "talking" to a girl for months ....and she goes off and has sex with a new guy, ...that tells me an awful lot about her interest/feelings for me

why am I still there in the "talking" stage after months and months, and some new guys has come along and just f***ed her, just like that.

Why is she making me graft away "talking", but letting some new guy on the scene straight to the goods?

I don't know about most of y'all, but I would not continue "talking" with her after that. It would be a goodbye from me.......

I think the guy that she's been stringing along for months deserves to know what she's been getting upto
Original post by Jennifer303
Should I tell a guy I’ve been talking to for months I’ve had sex with someone else.

Only if you were having sex with someone else while you were talking to him.
Original post by CrystalPhallus
Only if you were having sex with someone else while you were talking to him.

I’ve been speaking to him for 3 months we’ve gone on dates spoken everyday kissed only. I don’t want to have sex with him I’d like to properly get to know him properly as I do have feelings for him. I like the way it is atm with the guy. The other guy I had sex with was only sex. Should I feel bad. The guy I’m dating knows now but hasn’t really said too much.
Reply 8
Original post by Jennifer303

No.
Reply 9
Bruh, honestly if I were you I would tell him, he deserves to know even if it's gonna break his heart.
If I didn't tell him, I would feel constantly guilt in the back of my head

Obviously if you take full blame, truly regret it, sincerely apologise and promise to never do it again, you may be lucky enough for him to forgive u. But I'm not sure, in my eyes this is as bad as cheating even if you aren't technically together.
Original post by UWS

What about if he asks
Original post by ANM775
If I am "talking" to a girl for months ....and she goes off and has sex with a new guy, ...that tells me an awful lot about her interest/feelings for me

why am I still there in the "talking" stage after months and months, and some new guys has come along and just f***ed her, just like that.

Why's that the assumption though? That's not what OP says.

Ok, seems that is what they meant. But still. You've got no right to know anything. There's no discussion of whether they had said they were exclusive. And, frankly, this kind of thing happens a hell of a lot more than you might think.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by Anonymous
I’ve been speaking to him for 3 months we’ve gone on dates spoken everyday kissed only. I don’t want to have sex with him I’d like to properly get to know him properly as I do have feelings for him. I like the way it is atm with the guy. The other guy I had sex with was only sex. Should I feel bad. The guy I’m dating knows now but hasn’t really said too much.

are you actually the OP?

why make a thread about an hour ago asking for advice, then say the guy knows now and has gone quiet

If you are indeed the OP you didn't wait long for replies did you

something seems fishy
Reply 13
Original post by Drewski

Ok, seems that is what they meant. But still. You've got no right to know anything. There's no discussion of whether they had said they were exclusive. And, frankly, this kind of thing happens a hell of a lot more than you might think.

So if you were in a relationship and your gf cheated on you, and you caught her 2 months later and asked her why she didn't tell you, you would be happy with the reply "You've got no right to know anything"?

Nobody technically has a right to know anything, but there are some thing which morally should be disclosed to the other party.
Original post by ANM775

Why is she making me graft away "talking", but letting some new guy on the scene straight to the goods?

I don't know about most of y'all, but I would not continue "talking" with her after that. It would be a goodbye from me.......

I think the guy that she's been stringing along for months deserves to know what she's been getting upto

Well said bro. PRSOM.
Original post by ANM775
So if you were in a relationship and your gf cheated on you, and you caught her 2 months later and asked her why she didn't tell you, you would be happy with the reply "You've got no right to know anything"?

Nobody technically has a right to know anything, but there are some thing which morally should be disclosed to the other party.

Were they in a relationship? Is dating the same thing?

Maybe to you it is, but to others it isn't.
Original post by ANM775

I honestly woudn't want to know. It's none of my business. If she was getting to know you for several months and taking things slow (although, must be said, a few months is a long time to be just talking), I'd assume that means she envisions something long-term with you. Completely different to just a quick shag from someone you fancy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending