The Student Room Group

Can we discuss jealousy?

Hi

The feelings of jealousy/envy are creeping up on me.

I hate this feeling.

Is any one willing to discuss when they have felt jealous/envious and what they have done to get rid of those feelings?

I'd like to have a discussion about jealously and what triggers jealousy.
Get off social media. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat want you to constantly be comparing your single life to the high-points of twenty other lives. You see only the best bits of everyone else's life. They're designed to addict you. If you're obsessing over any of these, even if you think you're not, delete them immediately.
Reply 2
Original post by Pantera Fan Club
Get off social media. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat want you to constantly be comparing your single life to the high-points of twenty other lives. You see only the best bits of everyone else's life. They're designed to addict you. If you're obsessing over any of these, even if you think you're not, delete them immediately.

Maybe he/she doesn't mean jealousy in general. It's a green eyed monster.
Reply 3
Jealously can be a good thing, not if it’s repeated and constant and certainly not if it’s caused by misconception. It’s your minds way of realising you could have something better. If it’s materialistic you need to reassess your values, if it’s with relationships you need to ask yourself if your jealously comes from seeing a realistic relationship or a fake one.

I’ve been jealous and envious of people’s character, how they can charm with a smile and a few words, it led me to study poetry, interesting phrases, brush up my English skills, study parables and build an interesting character through personality and presentation.

I’ve been jealous and envious of some people’s relationships so I know when I meet the right girl I won’t mess around, I won’t settle for something less than I deserve and I’ll always try to work things through. I’ve been jealous and envious of people’s freedom, knowledge and success so I have a never ending urge to study, I’m not afraid to explore my curiosities and I’m slowly becoming more and more fearless.

Bottom line: Jealousy and envy can be converted into inspiration and/or realisations, just make sure it’s not rooted in misconceptions and fake realities. They’re powerful human emotions and can make or break people, we’re often told they’re bad emotions but that’s just because most people don’t know how to process it positively, learn how to process it and you’ll be an incredible person.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Pantera Fan Club

I absolutely get what you’re saying. I don’t have twitter or Snapchat only FB. But I can admit to preeing certain twitter threads because I was intrigued. I’ll be 100% honest, my triggers are results days. These days remind me of some of the worse times of my life and how embarrassed I am of what I’ve achieved academically. Don’t get me wrong, I have decent grades; lowest grade being B grades but I get jealous when I see other people’s grades. I’m also reminded that I’m not where I should be.

But yeah I should add that I deleted Snap as my life isn’t as ‘lit’ as other people’s too.
Original post by Vinny C
Maybe he/she doesn't mean jealousy in general. It's a green eyed monster.

I’m happy to have a conversation about jealous from any/all angles 🙂
Reply 6
Original post by SerendipityA1
I’m happy to have a conversation about jealous from any/all angles 🙂

Jealousy is a mood and moods are controlled by brain chemistry. We can't help how we feel but we can control how we act on it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending