The Student Room Group

I'm mixed race three quarters black and a quarter white ask me anything

I'm a 15 year old mixed race boy

My dad is half English and half jamaican and my mom is half Jamaican and half Liberian.
My skin colour is a dark caramel and my hair is curly the curles that mixed race people get, not the nappy hair a lot of black people have
I'm close to my white side my grandad, my great aunties and great uncles and my cousins I see them most weeks. I live with my dad, my white stepmum and my younger brother. My mum lives about 40, miles from me. Most of my black family live abroad so I'm closer to my white side.

I visit my family in Jamaica every two years and some of them come to England to visit. I rarely see my Liberian family.

It can be difficult being mixed race In the past I've experienced discrimination cus I'm not pure, people telling me I'm not English or not Jamaican. I'm part English and part Jamaican I've got English blood so this is my country and I've also got Jamaican blood so Jamaica is my country and so is Liberia. I accept that I'm not black and that I'm not white but I am mixed race so I'm both and I know where I belong
Reply 1
My main point is if you tell someone they don't belong in England for example and they have English heritage but their heritage is mixed then where do they belong? They must belong somewhere
What "Everyday issue" would you like advice on?:beard:
If you're 75% black, you are black. The 25% white only means you're a mixed black person.
Reply 4
Original post by HalpMePlz
If you're 75% black, you are black. The 25% white only means you're a mixed black person.

So with that logic if you're 75% white and 25% black you must be a mixed white person?

I'm mixed race
Reply 5
Original post by 04MR17
What "Everyday issue" would you like advice on?:beard:

Everyday I face racism how should I confront the racists? Justifying why I'm mixed race, why I belong here in England or punching them in the face?
Reply 6
I don't think that just some people are ignorant and go on like I'm not part white when I clearly am
That reference was used by black people in the film black Klansman and is still used by black people I believe
You're a bit racist yourself yes you're a quarter British so you have roots from this country but that doesn't neccesary give you more authority and because you're mixed race white and black if you're racist to a white person or a black person you're hurting yourself so think before you make racist remarks
Original post by Anonymous
Everyday I face racism how should I confront the racists? Justifying why I'm mixed race, why I belong here in England or punching them in the face?
Don't give them the attention they want.:yy:
I'm a 15 year old mixed race boy

My dad is half English and half jamaican and my mom is half Jamaican and half Liberian.
My skin colour is a dark caramel and my hair is curly the curles that mixed race people get, not the nappy hair a lot of black people have
I'm close to my white side my grandad, my great aunties and great uncles and my cousins I see them most weeks. I live with my dad, my white stepmum and my younger brother. My mum lives about 40, miles from me. Most of my black family live abroad so I'm closer to my white side.

I visit my family in Jamaica every two years and some of them come to England to visit. I rarely see my Liberian family.

It can be difficult being mixed race In the past I've experienced discrimination cus I'm not pure, people telling me I'm not English or not Jamaican. I'm part English and part Jamaican I've got English blood so this is my country and I've also got Jamaican blood so Jamaica is my country and so is Liberia. I accept that I'm not black and that I'm not white but I am mixed race so I'm both and I know where I belong

What is your 3rd favourite flavour of yoghurt? Explain in detail. You will be marked on your spelling, punctuation and grammar. A bonus mark is to be awarded for a reference to Lithium-Ion batteries [8 marks].
“Nappy hair” have some respect boi. I really don’t think that even counts as mixed race. You’re black in my eyes boi.
So with that logic if you're 75% white and 25% black you must be a mixed white person?

I'm mixed race

Yes, I know someone like that and he is White, albeit mixed. I also know someone who's 25% Indian and 75% White, he's also White.

Yes you are mixed race no one said you're not, but you're mostly Black therefore Black.

I'm calling troll on this one :troll:
Original post by HalpMePlz
Yes, I know someone like that and he is White, albeit mixed. I also know someone who's 25% Indian and 75% White, he's also White.

Yes you are mixed race no one said you're not, but you're mostly Black therefore Black.

I'm calling troll on this one :troll:

How can you be mixed race and black, you can only be one or the other they are different categories
You can't tick two boxes
Original post by CertiJake
You're a bit racist yourself yes you're a quarter British so you have roots from this country but that doesn't neccesary give you more authority and because you're mixed race white and black if you're racist to a white person or a black person you're hurting yourself so think before you make racist remarks

I didn't say it did, it just goes in my favour if a fully British person or anyone says I'm not from this country
So I can't be racist to a white brother or a black brother because i'm mixed race 😸 I wasn't racist anyway I just made a "nappy hair" reference
Original post by CertiJake

I didn't say it did, it just goes in my favour if a fully British person or anyone says I'm not from this country
So I can't be racist to a white brother or a black brother because i'm mixed race 😸 I wasn't racist anyway I just made a "nappy hair" reference
How can you be mixed race and black, you can only be one or the other they are different categories
You can't tick two boxes

This isn't about ticking boxes on a form with only a select few options.

Malcolm X has the same amount of Black + White as you, yet he was a proud Black guy.

You can have mixed ancestry and yet fall under one 'race' category. That's usually the ethnicity you have the higher percentage of.

Latest

Trending

Trending