The Student Room Group

Paramedic science interview day

Hi, I am in the process of applying for uni to study Paramedic Science. Does anyone have any tips for the interview day? The unis I'm applying for are Anglia Ruskin, Greenwich and Hertfordshire. Thanks!!
Original post by mollyanndaisy
Hi, I am in the process of applying for uni to study Paramedic Science. Does anyone have any tips for the interview day? The unis I'm applying for are Anglia Ruskin, Greenwich and Hertfordshire. Thanks!!

Hi @mollyanndaisy

Thanks for asking, and ARU information on Paramedic interviews can be found here: https://www.anglia.ac.uk/study/interview-information/medical-science You may also want to come to our open day on Nov 24th
to find out more, or indeed to a paramedic science taster day (interview is covered in the day) https://www.anglia.ac.uk/medical-science/events/medical-science-taster-days/paramedic-science-taster-days

Hope this helps,
Emma
Reply 2
Don't let your patients die.

Hi @mollyanndaisy

I've contacted the admissions tutor for Paramedic Science to find out some more info for you.

Best of luck! :smile:

Thanks,
Heather
Hi @mollyanndaisy,

I've heard back from the Admissions Tutor for Paramedic Science and they let me know:

“You will be interviewed as part of a group with other applicants (min. 4, max. 6). The interview will last approximately 45 minutes and you will be asked to discuss and respond to questions relating to a subject or scenario. The interview will be facilitated by a member of academic staff, and there will be another interviewer who may be a practicing paramedic or a service user. The interviews are designed to assess your suitability to study on the course and for the role of a paramedic. You will be also be assessed against the NHS Employer's 'behaviour framework' which is matched to the values detailed in the NHS Constitution”

Hope that helps!

Let me know how you get on :u:

Thanks,
Heather

I'm currently studying my Paramedic Science 1st year and from my experience they really focus on the social skills of the interviewee just as much as the medical experience, if not more.

Myself for example had no medical experience before this course. Not even as a first aider. So if you have medical experience, good this gives you an advantage.

That's not all though. You have to have a good reason for wanting to be a paramedic. Not just, I want to help people. That's what everyone will say. Say something that sticks out.

I've already had my interview and I'm not fussed if you use my answer for the question "why do you want to be a paramedic and not any other medical profession"

My answer was similar to this:

"A paramedic isn't just the first responder to emergencies. They play the important role of all medical staff in one uniform. They are nurses, midwives, social workers and most importantly, a friend to the patient. And that is what I want to do, to make an impact on peoples lives for the better."

Hope this helps! and one last thing, research the 6 Cs of nursing as well as legislation that may affect the day to day job of a paramedic. For example the Disability act.

Good luck! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest