The Student Room Group

If I’ve dreamt about someone, should I tell them

So I had a dream about this guy I like and it was amazing, I really want to ask him out or at least tell him but idk what I should say

Any pointers?

Scroll to see replies

I’m hopeless at this stuff
Reply 2
I’m a terrible talker so I wouldn’t even know where to start or what to do or how to even get him alone
Reply 3
So if any guys know how they would want it
Please tell me in detail so I know
Original post by Imshy
So I had a dream about this guy I like and it was amazing, I really want to ask him out or at least tell him but idk what I should say

Any pointers?

Original post by Imshy
I’m a terrible talker so I wouldn’t even know where to start or what to do or how to even get him alone

When you do manage to get him alone, start by having a casual conversation and then bring up the dream after you've been speaking for a short while and be like Oh I had a dream about you last night and explain what happened. If you go up to him and start talking about the dream straight away you'll probably get tongue tied. It's also probably best to leave out any bits that were too romantic or whatever happened in your dream, talk about funny things that happened which can't be taken in the wrong way. He'll know that you must think a lot about him if you're to dream about him so that extra detail of how you held hands under a tree while the sun set, he doesn't really need to know about and it will save you a lot of embarrassment in case he isn't into you. Talk about it in a friendly way and see where it goes.

Anyways, good luck, hoping you get what you're after.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by rossjamesxxl9
When you do manage to get him alone, start by having a casual conversation and then bring up the dream after you've been speaking for a short while and be like Oh I had a dream about you last night and explain what happened. If you go up to him and start talking about the dream straight away you'll probably get tongue tied. It's also probably best to leave out any bits that were too romantic or whatever happened in your dream, talk about funny things that happened which can't be taken in the wrong way. He'll know that you must think a lot about him if you're to dream about him so that extra detail of how you held hands under a tree while the sun set, he doesn't really need to know about and it will save you a lot of embarrassment in case he isn't into you. Talk about it in a friendly way and see where it goes.

Anyways, good luck, hoping you get what you're after.

Thank you so much, the only problem is, the vast majority of it was romantic
Reply 6
Here’s what happened
I went out with my mam to this Christmas party in a barn, he was there and was dressed the same as me so he came over and we started talking, I’m shorter than him so when I fell, I fell onto his chest

I blushed and looked up at him, then he asked me if I wanted to be his girlfriend and he kissed me
Okay so so far I’ve dreamt of:
A few crushes
Teachers
Professors
TV show characters
Friends, like, all the time
YouTubers
People I saw on Instagram
Book characters
And the list goes on lol. Obviously most of them weren’t in a romantic way, but even if they were I wouldn’t tell them. It’s just a dream, and sometimes there’re a good laugh, it doesn’t mean you have to tell people who were in it about it, your mind does crazy things when you’re asleep lol

But if you do want to ask him out, I’d say just get close to him. Start chatting, maybe texting once in a while. The dream could be a good story to tell once you’re closer
(edited 5 years ago)
I think you should tell him how you feel and see how it goes
Reply 9
What would I talk to him about just in conversation cos I don’t talk to him often
Original post by Imshy
What would I talk to him about just in conversation cos I don’t talk to him often

I’d just start with “hey” or something and go from there. If you’ve got things in common like school or work ask about something that happened there, gives you a reason to talk
Reply 11
Should I ask him for help, even if I don’t need it
Reply 12
Or is that too fake
Reply 13
Cos other than music, which we can’t really discuss in school, there’s nothing I know of to talk about
No it would be weird.

I sometimes tell friends when they're in a funny dream I have, and even then that can sometimes be awkward for them to hear!
Original post by Imshy
Thank you so much, the only problem is, the vast majority of it was romantic

Then why not use your imagination, make a couple of things up. Say that you were both in the barn and both got really drunk or something, or whatever you want.
Tell him that there will be 7 years of feast followed by 7 years of famine and that you should put aside some of the excess from the productive years to tide you over for the lean years. Tell him that you know this for sure, because he featured in a technicolour coat in your dream.

IE tell him, but do it in a way that's mildly funny.
I personally wouldn't tell him about the dream, especially if you don't know him very well. Some people would just find it funny and cute, but some would be a bit weirded out. Doesn't mean you can't try chatting to him though! Try getting to know him and see if he seems to like you. Sometimes it is just as simple as fancying someone, talking to them, and then after a bit of time, getting together. Good luck!
Reply 18
Yeah, I know
Oh please don't.
If some random guy came up to me and was like I had a dream about you I'd be creeped the hell out (ditto if it was a girl).
Be different if you were dating already.
Just don't do anything.
If you like the guy get to know him but don't mention the dream

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending