The Student Room Group

UCL Bartlett Architecture Application 2019

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by jusuf
Do you think it would be okay to use a ball point pen to go over stuff on the water colour painting ?

yeah man that would be ok & it would also look quite nice
Reply 61
Anyone got an interview yet??
Reply 62
Hey! I got the task today and I honestly don't know what to do bc I don't know what they expect. Do they expect something creative or more on the technical side? Does anyone have any info about it? Like what am I going to be assessed on?
Original post by mimimimina
Hey! I got the task today and I honestly don't know what to do bc I don't know what they expect. Do they expect something creative or more on the technical side? Does anyone have any info about it? Like what am I going to be assessed on?

Definitely be creative, I think from looking at the students work that have graduated from UCL their work is more artistic than anything else so really put your all into it, I wish I would’ve been more imaginative!
Reply 64

yeah be more creative and conceptual for sure, the moderators of the task didn't give you a lot of detail for a reason, they want to see your interpretation of the task at hand.
show off your technical drawing skill alongside your creativity, be forward thinking an innovative, they dont want to see drawings of building after building they probably get enough of that.
just do what you feel is right! you'll do great (:
Original post by mari6m
yeah be more creative and conceptual for sure, the moderators of the task didn't give you a lot of detail for a reason, they want to see your interpretation of the task at hand.
show off your technical drawing skill alongside your creativity, be forward thinking an innovative, they dont want to see drawings of building after building they probably get enough of that.
just do what you feel is right! you'll do great (:

Hey!
I got the task yesterday as well. But I have a few questions. I was told that i need to make one piece using water colour, one piece using pencil and one piece using charcoal. But does it mean the piece must consist purely of these mediums? So can the piece I make using water color use some fine liner as well? Or is this going against the rules?
Reply 66
Original post by Jacob_2019
Hey!
I got the task yesterday as well. But I have a few questions. I was told that i need to make one piece using water colour, one piece using pencil and one piece using charcoal. But does it mean the piece must consist purely of these mediums? So can the piece I make using water color use some fine liner as well? Or is this going against the rules?

good question. does anyone know the answer to this?
Reply 67
good question. does anyone know the answer to this?

Do what you feel looks good. Just dont go too crazy. For example for the watercolour, I added biro and ink. If you want, for the charcoal, you could do some paper collage relief underneath (something like what artist alison lambert does). Just make sure the predominant medium is the one they asked for.

I just got offered an interview today! I so happy! I was so worried about my task too. But in hindsight, don't stress too much.
I got an interview aswel for 30th January what about you?
Original post by Chiiz
Do what you feel looks good. Just dont go too crazy. For example for the watercolour, I added biro and ink. If you want, for the charcoal, you could do some paper collage relief underneath (something like what artist alison lambert does). Just make sure the predominant medium is the one they asked for.

I just got offered an interview today! I so happy! I was so worried about my task too. But in hindsight, don't stress too much.
Reply 69
Original post by Hamzacan
I got an interview aswel for 30th January what about you?

16th jan
Original post by Chiiz

Wow! congratulations on the interview! Kill it!

I had another question,
on the back of every piece, would it be ok if i wrote a little paragraph that explains the significance of the piece and what it means? or is that going against the rules?

Also, I dont know if u are allowed to so this or not, but can I take a look at what you made? just to get some perspective. I totally understand if u dont feel comfortable doing so.
Don't write down anything additional, UCL takes such things in consideration and they want you to follow their task rules. Just don't write anything at the back other than what they want you to..
Reply 72
Original post by Chiiz
16th jan

When did you send off your task ?
Reply 73
Wow! congratulations on the interview! Kill it!

I had another question,
on the back of every piece, would it be ok if i wrote a little paragraph that explains the significance of the piece and what it means? or is that going against the rules?

Also, I dont know if u are allowed to so this or not, but can I take a look at what you made? just to get some perspective. I totally understand if u dont feel comfortable doing so.

Funny story, I actually stressed so much over the task. So much that I didn't take any pictures of my work :frown:. I honestly thought I did so bad. I literally sent it off the day before it was due because I kept on redoing it.
Like I said before, just do you. Don't stress. If you can draw something that looks in proportion then you should be fine.
Reply 74
(Original post by jusuf)When did you send off your task ?
15th Oct
sorry for spamming this thread with questions. But im just really stressed about my task. I am worried what im making is all either based on my memories or is observational. I am worried I am lacking on the imaginative/ creative area. what exactly did you guys make? did u also have pieces that were observational and kinda basic??

ahhh! send help xDD
Original post by Chiiz
Funny story, I actually stressed so much over the task. So much that I didn't take any pictures of my work :frown:. I honestly thought I did so bad. I literally sent it off the day before it was due because I kept on redoing it.
Like I said before, just do you. Don't stress. If you can draw something that looks in proportion then you should be fine.

if you dont mind, could u tell us what u did for each theme? it would be really helpful!!!
Reply 77
if you dont mind, could u tell us what u did for each theme? it would be really helpful!!!

Public exterior I did my local shopping centre/sqaure in watercolour
Public interior I did my local church, also in watercolour
I did my personal memory item in pencil (that was the 90min tonal drawing)
For my daily routine I did experimental sketches (cont. Line etc) of stuff I see on my journey to school.
For the street view I made it up. I did that in charcoal (personally I feel that that was my weakest one)

For each one, try and do it in the style of an already established artist, that might help
sorry for spamming this thread with questions. But im just really stressed about my task. I am worried what im making is all either based on my memories or is observational. I am worried I am lacking on the imaginative/ creative area. what exactly did you guys make? did u also have pieces that were observational and kinda basic??

ahhh! send help xDD

I made 4 architectural drawings and 1 object , all must be observational
Reply 79

ahhh! send help xDD

for mine, i did 3 purely observational and 2 that was drawn from imagination.
my 90 minute piece was extremely conceptual and surrealist and the theme was “a daily route i take”

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending