The Student Room Group

Out of date chicken !!! Someone help??? Salmonella

I found some chicken in my fridge today and it was 5 days out of date, I put it in the microwave and heated it for 2 mins thinking itd be okay if it was piping hot, so I microwaved it and put it in a sandwich but now I’m starting to feel a little bit sick, could this be food poisoning starting or a coincidence, ate it about hour ago
Reply 1
Probably food poisoning.
Original post by Anonymous
I found some chicken in my fridge today and it was 5 days out of date, I put it in the microwave and heated it for 2 mins thinking itd be okay if it was piping hot, so I microwaved it and put it in a sandwich but now I’m starting to feel a little bit sick, could this be food poisoning starting or a coincidence, ate it about hour ago

Most likely, you should never eat out of date food, especially meat. If your still feeling sick I'd go see a doctor.
Wow that’s dangerous never do that! It probably is good poisoning
Reply 4
Original post by DarkChaoz95
Most likely, you should never eat out of date food, especially meat. If your still feeling sick I'd go see a doctor.

Most stuff is fine to eat past the use by date. If milk doesn't smell off, it's fine. Likewise if cheese isn't mouldy, and the same with bread. Dried and tinned foods are usually fine past their best before dates too.

Meat is the exception to the rule.
Somethings are fine out of date if they look / smell fine - Meat and seafood do not fall under that category.
Original post by Anonymous

I love natural selection. Seriously, are you a moron? Immodium for the impending diarrhea and vomiting. Paracetamol for the illness and water to keep you hydrated.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending