The Student Room Group
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website

Edge Hill University - ask your Results and Clearing questions here (+FAQ)!

Hi everyone!

In just over a week's time, loads of you will receive your A-Level results and find out about your university place. This can be a terrifying time (especially if you're thinking about Clearing), so Edge Hill is here to help! If you have any questions about Clearing, accommodation, visit days, etc, let me know and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

If you want to chat to someone immediately, please call 0800 028 66 77. In the run-up to A-Level Results Day, our staff are available on weekdays from 9am - 5pm. On Results Day we'll be around 7am until 8pm. You can contact our Clearing team online or via WhatsApp - check out this page for more info.

Alex

Common Questions

Spoiler

Reply 1
Original post by Edge Hill University
Hi everyone!

In just over a week's time, loads of you will receive your A-Level results and find out about your university place. This can be a terrifying time (especially if you're thinking about Clearing), so Edge Hill is here to help! If you have any questions about Clearing, accommodation, visit days, etc, let me know and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

If you want to chat to someone immediately, please call 0800 028 66 77. In the run-up to A-Level Results Day, our staff are available on weekdays from 9am - 5pm. On Results Day we'll be around 7am until 8pm. You can contact our Clearing team online or via WhatsApp - check out this page for more info.

Alex

Common Questions

Spoiler

It looks reet edge hill tbh, how’s it like for law tho?
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website
Hi Kev,

I'd recommend checking out this video from one of our students studying Law. It'll give you an idea what you can do on the course and what it's like studying at Edge Hill.

[video="youtube;zXUUD7SSZSs"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXUUD7SSZSs[/video]

We offer four undergraduate courses for Law:

BA (Hons) Criminology and Law
LLB (Hons) Law
LLB (Hons) Law with Criminology
LLB (Hons) Law with Politics

For our Law degree, 90% of our students are in work (or continuing their studies) six months after employment - you can see more stats here.

Alex
Reply 3
I'm looking to study this september 2019, when will accommodation applications open to people who have chosen edge hill as an insurance choice?Thanks, Kai.
Original post by 12ktyson
I'm looking to study this september 2019, when will accommodation applications open to people who have chosen edge hill as an insurance choice?Thanks, Kai.

Hi Kai, hope you're well!

Unfortunately, you can only apply for accommodation if Edge Hill is your firm choice. If you decide to study at Edge Hill, you'll be able to apply on A-Level Results Day (15th August) - our Accommodation team will email you on the day with more info. If you'd like to contact them directly, please email [email protected] or call 01695 657 555.

Alex
Reply 5
I'm really concerned over what to do here.

I started my first year of English Language at Edge Hill and loved the uni but, didn't want to do second year.

I've been given a place (Uncondtional) at LJMU to do events management an area I love and I'm experienced in but I cant help but feel it's not a patch on how supportive Edge Hill have been.

I've spoken to LJMU and all they keep telling me is that if I'm having doubts I'm best coming along to an open day on the 17th August.

If I decide that I want to return on an alternative course of study at Edge Hill surely the 17th is too late? most of the places will be taken then. There is also the issue of waiting for LJMU to 'Release' me.

any advice would be great. I'm liaising with your academics about alternative courses as we speak but just concerned.
Original post by dylanb97

I started my first year of English Language at Edge Hill and loved the uni but, didn't want to do second year.

I've been given a place (Uncondtional) at LJMU to do events management an area I love and I'm experienced in but I cant help but feel it's not a patch on how supportive Edge Hill have been.

I've spoken to LJMU and all they keep telling me is that if I'm having doubts I'm best coming along to an open day on the 17th August.

If I decide that I want to return on an alternative course of study at Edge Hill surely the 17th is too late? most of the places will be taken then. There is also the issue of waiting for LJMU to 'Release' me.

any advice would be great. I'm liaising with your academics about alternative courses as we speak but just concerned.

Hi Dylan,

I've contacted a colleague for more advice and I'll get back to you soon. I'll try to be as quick as I can, because I know this isn't an easy time for you. If you need help with anything else, please let me know.

Alex

Hi Dylan, thanks for your patience. How has your discussion with our academics gone?

It's a difficult situation because you want to do both the course you love and go to the university you love. One option is to see if you can visit LJMU earlier than their Open Day (preferably before A-Level Results Day). You may be able to go on a guided campus tour, or speak to someone about the support available. This also frees you up to make a decision before A-Level Results Day, when most university places will be filled through Clearing.

Another option would be to speak to our Clearing team about your choices. Look for the courses you're interested in here, and then call 0800 028 66 77. It sounds like you're concerned about course availability, in which case they can chat to you about this.

Ultimately, you need to check both boxes - does this university feel right for me, and is this course something I want to do? Hopefully, we're able to offer both.

Apologies I couldn't be of more help. Let me know how things go!

Alex
Reply 8
Hi Alex,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm afraid LJMU dont have any availability with regards to meeting them prior to the date agreed. I have spoken to both the academics and clearing team at Edge Hill who've assured me that there is likely to be places still available on my desired course up at Edge Hill.

I dont want to close the door on JMU when they could easily place confidence in me but it's a matter of seeing if they meet this.

Edge Hill has been outstanding as usual - and I'm forever grateful for the guidance given by all members of staff including yourself.
Hi Alex,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm afraid LJMU dont have any availability with regards to meeting them prior to the date agreed. I have spoken to both the academics and clearing team at Edge Hill who've assured me that there is likely to be places still available on my desired course up at Edge Hill.

I dont want to close the door on JMU when they could easily place confidence in me but it's a matter of seeing if they meet this.

Edge Hill has been outstanding as usual - and I'm forever grateful for the guidance given by all members of staff including yourself.

Hi Dylan,

It's just a matter of seeing if your desired course is right for you. At the very least, you know that the university is one you love, so you should have no problems settling back in.

Thank you for your kind words, and we're glad we could help. Hope all goes well - have a great weekend!

Alex

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending