The Student Room Group

Why are nice guys always treated like ****...?

So I’m in first year uni and I feel quite frustrated coz so many of my uni mates have atleast 2-3 girlfriends and it pisses me off how people like me can’t even find ONE proper decent girl who will stay loyal to me. Does this happen to guys who are too nice or is it just me. All I ever want is a girl who truly understands me, and loves me for who I am. Has true love really died ??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
N I C E G U Y

I think just wait until you're a little older, you will get a better sense of who's loyal and not overtime. Be aware most people around your age want to maintain freedom, discover themselves and run around for sex in the meantime. That will (generally) die away over time.

Keep in good order, be cautious, be optimistic...
Chill, it’s only been a few months. Not everyone is a smooth talker. You probably are looking someone to connect to. They are looking for someone to have sex with. Two different motives and your motive takes longer and more patience. Just relax, stay optimistic and be more social. Hopefully you find her soon
Reply 3
r/niceguys
The experience of many women including myself is that men who see themselves as nice guys tend to think they are entitled to a relationship/sex and/or come across as really creepy. Either quality Is extremely unattractive.
Reply 5
lol
It's not just about being a 'nice guy' relationships need more then that, you need a connection.

Finding a someone who's mutually interested in you and has a compatible personality is difficult.
Sadly from experience both personally and reading up, girls who date not so nice guys, bad boy types if you wish, do so with the belief they can change them. It's a psychological proven idea, a bad boy represents a guy that needs work and understanding to be with. Some women are drawn to this believing they can change them for the better... Of course this is rarely the case and normally leads to unhappy relationships... Like yourself i'm a nice guy and I think to some girls out there... being nice is harder, heck i've been single for 8 years :frown: which sucks... but I'd rather invest my time in someone who wants an honest relationship and loves me for me, instead of trying to change me... Don't try so hard, but don't forget some guys like to brag more than you think they have..
Original post by mpaprika
if dr alex could do it, so can you

lmao, exactlyy
Don't be nice, be kind. Embrace your masculinity.
From my experience, a lot of 'nice guys' tend to make up in personality what they lack in appearance.
While personality is crucial, there needs to be a physical attraction.

Girls want a guy that can make them laugh and cares for them, but ideally they want one that's attractive and gives them butterflies.
Guys do the same. No matter how you might claim, that as long as she's kind, it doesn't matter. If you want a successful relationship there must be a physical attraction.
Original post by FailedMyMocks
Don't be nice, be kind. Embrace your masculinity.

I like your name :biggrin:
Just give her a little bit of physical touch and then you'll no longer be that nice guy.
Original post by Lisforlexi
I like your name :biggrin:

Thank You.

It was inspired by my brilliant AS Level mocks back in the day.
Reply 14
Yeah you gotta treat them like dirt, obviously :rolleyes:
Original post by FailedMyMocks
Thank You.

It was inspired by my brilliant AS Level mocks back in the day.

lmao, I gathered they went flawlessly
You need to take the red pill and embrace men going their own way (MGTOW).

The truth is we live in a hypergamic society that is biased against men. Women are both promiscious and selective. They will always cheat and always leave you for a superior male. Accept that you don't need them in your life and you will reach your full potential.
Don't envy your friends who seem to have 2-3 girlfriends. They may seem happy now, but they're setting themselves up for rocky times ahead.
Original post by Lisforlexi
From my experience, a lot of 'nice guys' tend to make up in personality what they lack in appearance.
While personality is crucial, there needs to be a physical attraction.

Girls want a guy that can make them laugh and cares for them, but ideally they want one that's attractive and gives them butterflies.
Guys do the same. No matter how you might claim, that as long as she's kind, it doesn't matter. If you want a successful relationship there must be a physical attraction.

At least at this time in his life, and with people he doesn't know well, yet. I don't think physical attraction is needed in every romantic relationship ever. Ugly folks still have kids somehow. I suspect they do it by getting to know people well and demonstrating that they're beautiful on the inside.
i had this question for a really long time

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending