The Student Room Group

M's Year 11 GYG

Scroll to see replies

Guten Morgen!! I just spent an hour on german grammar and writing and Ich wollte weine :frown:
anywayy.. today I will be productive. I am planning on doing some simultaneous equation revision and physics mindmaps for an hour? I will update as I go :smile:
Also: I got my mock results this morning :smile:

English Lang: A*3
Chemistry: A*3
RE: A1
Biology: A*3
History: A*2
Hi guys I'm doing my GCSE's this year predicted 7/8s but i want to aim for higher! Is it just my skwl or do all the teachers say we want you to get your target grades. I think it's stupid cuz those were from ur Ks2 if you put the work in anyone can get a grade 9. It's true and we really need to focus!
Original post by mpaprika

Well done

Well done, Keep it up!! What's your best revision tip for revising science,maths and english lang and lit?
Guten Morgen!! I just spent an hour on german grammar and writing and Ich wollte weine :frown:
anywayy.. today I will be productive. I am planning on doing some simultaneous equation revision and physics mindmaps for an hour? I will update as I go :smile:

Cool I've just done an hour of maths and going to be doing be doing physics wave mindmap and ecology mindmap for biology as well! Don't worry i'll keep you motivated! :smile:
Original post by Obolinda
Well done

thank you :smile:
Original post by halsx11
Cool I've just done an hour of maths and going to be doing be doing physics wave mindmap and ecology mindmap for biology as well! Don't worry i'll keep you motivated! :smile:

best of luck :smile:, ecology is the worst part of bio in my opinion haha
Original post by halsx11
Well done, Keep it up!! What's your best revision tip for revising science,maths and english lang and lit?

for revising science I do active recall and just write and write everything over, I also teach my friends which helps a lot, for english lang I read the examiner report for past papers as it says exactly what they want you to include, for lit I use mr bruff and bbc bitesize for quotes which I do in mindmaps, again talking about it with a friend really helps. For maths I just use mymaths and do as many practise questions as I can :smile:
for revising science I do active recall and just write and write everything over, I also teach my friends which helps a lot, for english lang I read the examiner report for past papers as it says exactly what they want you to include, for lit I use mr bruff and bbc bitesize for quotes which I do in mindmaps, again talking about it with a friend really helps. For maths I just use mymaths and do as many practise questions as I can :smile:

Yep i use active recall for science and do as many past paper questions. It's so hard for english lit as you need to memorise and also know what is happening and the language and structural techniques there. For maths i do past paper questions as well and make sure i know the formulae.
best of luck :smile:, ecology is the worst part of bio in my opinion haha

Yeah same it's such a long topic as well I've done an A3 one and now need to do 2 more :frown:
Hi guys im just starting my revision i know its too late but is it possible for me to go from foundation to higher as my teachers havent decided yet when we do our seconds sets of mocks in science? Any ways do yuo have to make notes for science or just revise from the revison guide and do practise questions?
Original post by milly2003
Hi guys im just starting my revision i know its too late but is it possible for me to go from foundation to higher as my teachers havent decided yet when we do our seconds sets of mocks in science? Any ways do yuo have to make notes for science or just revise from the revison guide and do practise questions?

Do you mean from combined higher to foundation or to the separate sciences? For the mindmaps in science I recall the info and (Don't copy from the revision guide) But condense the information from it to the way I will remember it! Like i'm currently doing the last topic in ecology and it's a long topic so i'm condensing all the information down to a paragraph from each page of my revsion guide. After i've finished a topic i then make flashcards from pastpaper questions and recall info.Good Luck on ur revsion hon x
update 1: :burnout:
Did a physics mind map on further motion concepts
Did an RE mindmap on christian, buddhist and humanists views on the afterlife
Made a quizlet on german idioms

now:
will do simultaneous (i can't spell omg) equations from a workbook :smile:
update 1: :burnout:
Did a physics mind map on further motion concepts
Did an RE mindmap on christian, buddhist and humanists views on the afterlife
Made a quizlet on german idioms

now:
will do simultaneous (i can't spell omg) equations from a workbook :smile:

Cool i've only just finshed my biology mindmap :frown:
Thank you!
Yeah I used to do 20 minute slots in year 10 but stopped to do one task and then have a break, I think i'll do the 15 minute thing though

That's great, no problem!
Original post by halsx11
Do you mean from combined higher to foundation or to the separate sciences? For the mindmaps in science I recall the info and (Don't copy from the revision guide) But condense the information from it to the way I will remember it! Like i'm currently doing the last topic in ecology and it's a long topic so i'm condensing all the information down to a paragraph from each page of my revsion guide. After i've finished a topic i then make flashcards from pastpaper questions and recall info.Good Luck on ur revsion hon x

thank you i mean from the combined sciences.
Original post by milly2003
thank you i mean from the combined sciences.

Oh okay I mean you can move up to do higher it won't make much of a difference except from a little bit more in detail and more content to learn. If your willing to put in the hard work in you can do it! :smile:
5/2/19
:bored:
Trying my hardest to be productive :redface:
Got two practical exams tomorrow so that is my priority, however i have a terriible headache so we'll see
good luck for the exams!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending