The Student Room Group

I have had to break up with my gf because her dad is racist

Hi there had to post anonymously in case she sees this but basically

Me and this girl met up at a party and really hit it off se we were speaking and we decided to meet which she was v excited about but when she asked her Dad he said no simply because I wasnt white and he had seen so much negative media about my color and race of people.

Anyway, we did meet up in secret, deciding that was the only way but then her dad found out and has no taken all her phone and has said that she cant go to university if she speaks to me again.

I love her a lot but I decided to end it with her because I couldn't keep it on my conscience if something happened to her but also she cant keep lying to her parents.

I cant get over her though because she was my first girlfriend, my first kiss and all that stuff but no sex.

Any advice on how i should deal with this? Im finding it really difficult tbh.
If she really loves you then she will **** her dad and be with you
There's a good chance that your ex may get back in contact with you, either as friends or to reestablish the relationship.
Is her father a thuggish racial bigot- with a long history of race hatred based on ancestral ethnicity or skin colour?
Or just an intolerant small minded person with issues about other cultures, religion and everything except daily mail articles being fake news?

There's a big difference because the latter tends to be verbally loud and nasty.
But not very thuggish or into criminal violence.
The former is dangerous, criminally violent and capable of anything.
Reply 3
Original post by Rainfall
If she really loves you then she will **** her dad and be with you

see but in order to do that and be with me there would be a strong chance she couldnt go to uni and thats too big of a price no?
Reply 4
Original post by londonmyst
There's a good chance that your ex may get back in contact with you, either as friends or to reestablish the relationship.
Is her father a thuggish racial bigot- with a long history of race hatred based on ancestral ethnicity or skin colour?
Or just an intolerant small minded person with issues about other cultures, religion and everything except daily mail articles being fake news?

There's a big difference because the latter tends to be verbally loud and nasty.
But not very thuggish or into criminal violence.
The former is dangerous, criminally violent and capable of anything.

If I'm honest I think he is both because he sent me a message when we broke up saying if you see or message my daughter again I will **** your life up and that really shook me but strangely has made me think about her more.

we have talked about maybe getting back together at university but i dont think i should hold onto that.
Original post by Anonymous
If I'm honest I think he is both because he sent me a message when we broke up saying if you see or message my daughter again I will **** your life up and that really shook me but strangely has made me think about her more.

we have talked about maybe getting back together at university but i dont think i should hold onto that.

Are you year 12 or 13?
If he's sending you threatening or abusive text messages, he's an arrogant fool risking getting arrested.

You may meet up with her again in the future, don't lose hope.
But in the meantime move on, meet lots other people and make new friends.
Ignorant thugs that behave like that are a very small minority in the uk. Everyone else is disgusted by them.
His poor daughter must be so ashamed of him.
(edited 5 years ago)
Are you dating her dad?? no...

... yikes read the thing about abusive messages - not worth the effort imo...
don't blame her dad tbh. i wouldn't want my future daughter bringing home a black or asian either.

Then you, and OP's ex's father are both just narrow minded people.
don't blame her dad tbh. i wouldn't want my future daughter bringing home a black or asian either.

With that kind of attitude it's unlikely you'll ever have sex, let alone any kids.
Unless the kkk, aryan brotherhood, national front, bnp or britain first start operating a speed dating service.
what race are you?
Hi there had to post anonymously in case she sees this but basically

Me and this girl met up at a party and really hit it off se we were speaking and we decided to meet which she was v excited about but when she asked her Dad he said no simply because I wasnt white and he had seen so much negative media about my color and race of people.

Anyway, we did meet up in secret, deciding that was the only way but then her dad found out and has no taken all her phone and has said that she cant go to university if she speaks to me again.

I love her a lot but I decided to end it with her because I couldn't keep it on my conscience if something happened to her but also she cant keep lying to her parents.

I cant get over her though because she was my first girlfriend, my first kiss and all that stuff but no sex.

Any advice on how i should deal with this? Im finding it really difficult tbh.

Which race of people does her dad have a problem with?
(edited 5 years ago)
With that kind of attitude it's unlikely you'll ever have sex, let alone any kids.
Unless the kkk, aryan brotherhood, national front, bnp or britain first start operating a speed dating service.

you win today's internet Ma'am

:congrats:
Original post by GraduateLynx
Which race of people does her dad have a problem with?

Just races portrayed badly in the news
Original post by BlueIndigoViolet
Are you dating her dad?? no...

... yikes read the thing about abusive messages - not worth the effort imo...

Its really put me off trying anything else but its the first person ive felt a connection with
Are you year 12 or 13?
If he's sending you threatening or abusive text messages, he's an arrogant fool risking getting arrested.

You may meet up with her again in the future, don't lose hope.
But in the meantime move on, meet lots other people and make new friends.
Ignorant thugs that behave like that are a very small minority in the uk. Everyone else is disgusted by them.
His poor daughter must be so ashamed of him.

Im year 13

See that message had me so shooked honestly it was the last thing she expected but when i told my ex she wasnt surprised!

Yes im trying to meet lots of new people so fingers crossed!!!

Im just a bit disgusted we still live in that kind of society.

She really is and wants to leave him asap but she depends on him!
Just races portrayed badly in the news

What race are you then?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending