The Student Room Group

Waiting until marrige for sex

Can people (male or female) please explain why you want until marrige to have sex for the first time?
Original post by Bramble19
Can people (male or female) please explain why you want until marrige to have sex for the first time?

Religion can be a reason for some people
Here's an article found on google scholar with links to various studies about how abstinence until marriage can improve marriage rates:

http://209.157.64.200/focus/f-bloggers/1589051/posts

Take a look.

Those are some reasons. Maybe they want to have a successful marriage and this makes it statistically more likely.
Reply 3
Maybe some people aren’t interested and will only do it with a proper partner to make them happy. Mainly talking about Asexuals here though.

Also religion, but that is an odd one.
Because sex shouldn't be 'just a thing' since birth control was invented ect, the general public has gained a general opinion over time that it doesn't matter anymore. It was idk sacred for a reason and that shouldn't be changed just because of some bits of plastic or some chemicals. In my eyes, by choosing to have sex with that one person you're saying that you are the one person for me.

I know not all people do it for religious reasons but I think to quote the bible here is a good idea. Basically, it says that in sleeping together and marrying each other 'a man and a woman become one flesh'. Sex is union together, and if you don't intend for that bond to be permanent then why would you do something that is associated with permanence.

Rant over.
Original post by ThatOldGuy
Here's an article found on google scholar with links to various studies about how abstinence until marriage can improve marriage rates:

Take a look.

Those are some reasons. Maybe they want to have a successful marriage and this makes it statistically more likely.

This is likely to be the case because, to wait to have sex until marriage, you must be more invested into the relationship, and you're obviously not just with a person to satisfy a physical need. I'm not married but my boyfriend and I have (plenty of, lol) sex, but we also have another level to our relationship so when sex isn't there for whatever reason we still have a relationship. It's not like that for everyone, unfortunately.
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
This is likely to be the case because, to wait to have sex until marriage, you must be more invested into the relationship, and you're obviously not just with a person to satisfy a physical need. I'm not married but my boyfriend and I have (plenty of, lol) sex, but we also have another level to our relationship so when sex isn't there for whatever reason we still have a relationship. It's not like that for everyone, unfortunately.

The important thing to note about that is that it isn't saying that sex will definitely ruin your long-term prospects: Just that those who wait are statistically more likely to succeed. You may, of course, succeed while having sex.
The important thing to note about that is that it isn't saying that sex will definitely ruin your long-term prospects: Just that those who wait are statistically more likely to succeed. You may, of course, succeed while having sex.

Oh yes I understand that. It's just that if you get married early in a relationship you may just find that where you thought you had an amazing partnership, it was actually more about sex than you thought, and when that calms down - which it always does - you have nothing left.. if that makes sense.
Because sex should be something precious, one night stands and things like that disgust me but I would be willing to have sex with someone I had been going out with for a long time.
Original post by AperfectBalance
Because sex should be something precious, one night stands and things like that disgust me but I would be willing to have sex with someone I had been going out with for a long time.

Exactly! I agree with you. I think sex should be a precious thing for us. Marriage shouldn't be necessary but we need to know each other for a long time that should be a must. Those who have one night sexual relationships, disgust me as well. If you're not emotionally connected with someone, how can you enjoy during sex?

Also personally, I think it has nothing to do with religion for me as a male atheist person.
(edited 5 years ago)
Laughed my tits off at this.
Why wait to do the boom boom when you’re already in the vroom vroom?

:holmes:
Reply 12

Take a look.

But it is not actually true. The divorce rate in church is the same as that outside of it. It is okd fashioned fiction .

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending