The Student Room Group

Please help calculate Btec points

Hi all, I do an extended level 3 diploma in media and I have tried to calculate my Btec points and I keep coming to the number 1379 and I think this equals to an mmp, I would be very grateful if someone double-checked this for me and I will give the information below.

Pre production
Communication
( These worth both pass and are only two worth five credits the rest I list below are all worth ten)

Research techniques- Merit
Creative media sector- Merit
Digital Graphics- Pass
2D animation-Merit
Photography-Merit
Web authoring-Pass
Digital video-Merit
Sound-Merit
Video- pass
3D modelling- merit
2d animation- pass
Page layout-pass
Digital-pass
Working to breif-merit
3D animation-merit
End of year project-merit
Motion graphics -merit

Thanks very much, also if you could tell me how many UCAS points this would be that would be very helpful as I think it's 80.
Original post by Sarah199691
Hi all, I do an extended level 3 diploma in media and I have tried to calculate my Btec points and I keep coming to the number 1379 and I think this equals to an mmp, I would be very grateful if someone double-checked this for me and I will give the information below.

Pre production
Communication
( These worth both pass and are only two worth five credits the rest I list below are all worth ten)

Research techniques- Merit
Creative media sector- Merit
Digital Graphics- Pass
2D animation-Merit
Photography-Merit
Web authoring-Pass
Digital video-Merit
Sound-Merit
Video- pass
3D modelling- merit
2d animation- pass
Page layout-pass
Digital-pass
Working to breif-merit
3D animation-merit
End of year project-merit
Motion graphics -merit

Thanks very much, also if you could tell me how many UCAS points this would be that would be very helpful as I think it's 80.

Hi Sarah

It makes a refreshing change for someone to list their marks on these sort of threads.
I checked for you and came to 1370, which is MMP and worth 80.

80 gets you on some foundation courses. It rarely gets you on the degree direct.

Any chance you can resubmit or do any optional subjects as one more merit would get you to MMM and 96 points, which is lower end direct entrance for some unis.
Reply 2
Hi, thanks very much for your help. Im aiming for a foundation course as personally it was a very bad two years and that lowered my grades and thankfully the ones im interested in accept these qualificafions. I still havent got my final four grades but if I work hard and am able to achieve a couple of distinctions I believe Its still possible to achieve an overall MMM or higher.
Original post by 999tigger
Hi Sarah

It makes a refreshing change for someone to list their marks on these sort of threads.
I checked for you and came to 1370, which is MMP and worth 80.

80 gets you on some foundation courses. It rarely gets you on the degree direct.

Any chance you can resubmit or do any optional subjects as one more merit would get you to MMM and 96 points, which is lower end direct entrance for some unis.
Hi, thanks very much for your help. Im aiming for a foundation course as personally it was a very bad two years and that lowered my grades and thankfully the ones im interested in accept these qualificafions. I still havent got my final four grades but if I work hard and am able to achieve a couple of distinctions I believe Its still possible to achieve an overall MMM or higher.

You had 11 and you need 12 M for 96 points. That will get you access to a wider range of foundations. the other option if you feel you have really underperformed and one I consider more cost effective is to do an access to HE as if you do well you can get to a better uni, it doesnt use up your limited HE funding and the money can be written off.

Foundation courses arent always at the uni and some of them hive them off to the local college.
They are good in some situations and not others imo.

You need one more P to M or M to D to get MMM.
You would need to convert 3P to 3D et to DMM, which I think would be a big ask considering.
DMM would be more likely to get you onto a degree direct for lower ranked unis.
Reply 4
I have heard of access to HE courses before but just forgot all about them until you mentioned them, I think that would be really worth looking into. I very much underperformed and a higher education course financlly makesm better sense for the reasons you stated.
Original post by 999tigger
You had 11 and you need 12 M for 96 points. That will get you access to a wider range of foundations. the other option if you feel you have really underperformed and one I consider more cost effective is to do an access to HE as if you do well you can get to a better uni, it doesnt use up your limited HE funding and the money can be written off.

Foundation courses arent always at the uni and some of them hive them off to the local college.
They are good in some situations and not others imo.

You need one more P to M or M to D to get MMM.
You would need to convert 3P to 3D et to DMM, which I think would be a big ask considering.
DMM would be more likely to get you onto a degree direct for lower ranked unis.
I have heard of access to HE courses before but just forgot all about them until you mentioned them, I think that would be really worth looking into. I very much underperformed and a higher education course financlly makesm better sense for the reasons you stated.

If you feel you underperformed (be honest with yourself about your ability) then you give yourself another chance with access. They are accepted at most unis. http://www.accesstohe.ac.uk/Access/FAQs/Pages/Default.aspx

There are a few advantages to foundation, but in most cases I would choose access for £ reasons, the chance to do yourself justice and get into a much better uni tan the foundation course one, if you perform to the level you think you can.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending