The Student Room Group

I revealed

Yesterday I told the truth to another person I been catfishing for five years . We didn’t speak on a relationship level cause I didn’t like him in that way we more like friendship level. When I was about to tell him I started to laugh it was out of control he was saying what’s wrong with you are tripping . So I hung up and called back about twice until I finally told him I’m not the girl he thought I was I catfished and I apologized . He took it well he said he understands ppl go through things and he said I wasn’t the only person he spoke to so this didn’t affect him .. he said we can still be friends because I’m cool .. he asked what is my name and wanted a picture of how I look . So I sent a picture he said thanks for being honest I did great . Now since I’m being self the convo wont be the same that’s what I know . Now it’s only one more person to tell . I’m nervous to and after that I’m done with the ******** . No more pretending and wasting my time and life . Idgaf that my phone is boring it’s for the best
Glad you've turned away from catfishing, I think now you see the consequences of it and hopefully will never do it again!

Don't panic - you don't know how he'll react to the real you yet. You may enjoy it way more and have more flowing conversation in the knoweledge that you are really you and there's nothing to hide. I should think he'll appreciate you being honest with him so perhaps he will appreciate you as a person! :smile:
Reply 2
@yzanne Yeah I’m turning away from catfishing it’s very dangerous and pretending to be some one else only made me waste my time.. yea I’m not sweating my phone is just boring now and text the person today to see how he’s he didn’t respond yet so I don’t know .. atleast the truth is out
Original post by Anonymous
@yzanne Yeah I’m turning away from catfishing it’s very dangerous and pretending to be some one else only made me waste my time.. yea I’m not sweating my phone is just boring now and text the person today to see how he’s he didn’t respond yet so I don’t know .. atleast the truth is out

And after all, having the truth out is the best possible outcome arguably. Don't worry btw - I'm sure he's not ignoring you seeing as he was so chill about your secret...just busy I guess! :smile:
O.o this is weird
Reply 5
@gr8wizard10 STFU MFKR
Reply 6
@yzanne just a update I called him and he blocked my number and I called him off of a different phone and he hung up on me. He clearly told me I can speak to him whenever and that was a lie .. I guess that’s What I get for catfishing
Why did you lie? 5 years is hardcore.
Reply 8
@YaliaV I was addicted and I lied because I was afraid to tell the truth
Original post by Anonymous
@yzanne just a update I called him and he blocked my number and I called him off of a different phone and he hung up on me. He clearly told me I can speak to him whenever and that was a lie .. I guess that’s What I get for catfishing

Yes, unfortunately I think you're right. It's a shame that he tricked you, I suppose he thought that he was getting his own back on you! Oh well. There will be other guys, just leave him in peace :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending